Jetbeam        
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The LLLL's

Default Re: Why is the SureFire 6P so good?

Honestly the best combination for the 4 Lís is on a single 18650 with the hi/lo ring.You will get over 60 hours on high and over 11 days on low.the low only seems to work well on a single lithium. On 2 or with primary batteries the low is pulling more then on high. But with any battery you want to use it would probably give you more runtime then you could need.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Flashaholic*

Someone stuff one of those LLLL's into one of Fivemega's 2X26650 host's with two Vapcell 26650's, which measure well over 5700mah. I wanna see the runtime on that!

Tom Hanks could've used one in that sea cave stuck on that island.

Default Re: The LLLL's

Definitely that, and a dentist.

Quote Originally Posted by 5S8Zh5 View Post
    Tom Hanks could've used one in that sea cave stuck on that island.
    Rumor is that was exactly what was in the one package he never opened 😁
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

I have a 4L in a G3 loaded with 3 primaries thatís been on my night stand since I got it ďExcept for the times I have had to steal it back from my little one who NEVER turns it offĒ and itís still on the first set of batteries.

EDIT Just checked and thatís dam near 4 months. I really need to get a life😂😂😂😂
    Last edited by thermal guy; 07-25-2020 at 06:17 AM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    I have a 4L in a G3 loaded with 3 primaries thatís been on my night stand since I got it ďExcept for the times I have had to steal it back from my little one who NEVER turns it offĒ and itís still on the first set of batteries.

EDIT Just checked and thatís dam near 4 months. I really need to get a life
    Iíve been using mine with 2xaa with a spacer since we got them every night. Hasnít lost any brightness at all.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Yep we really need to get a GB for a 5L! 😂😂. Just kidding. Just kidding!

... and it looks like we just got our volunteer to run it.

You know I actually contacted gene on the possibility of a 5L. He said It wouldnít really work With the driver heís using. Something about there being way to much deviation between Dropins. Looks like weíre stuck with ďonlyĒ Our 4Lís😁

We need another LLLL group buy then.

Yes, sst-20 in 4000k please.

I sorta planned on another LLLL group buy at some point. Probably closer to the new year. Let's start a list on the sounding board and see how fast people sign up. We were right on the edge for the last group buy.
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011
    List of my lights!

I'm in, 4-5000k LLLL.
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Iím in for another 4L. Btw would a colored 4L be possible? A amber or red?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyboots View Post
    Iím in for another 4L. Btw would a colored 4L be possible? A amber or red?
    Hmmm!

I might be in for another LLLL, personally my favorite temp is 4500k so Iím going to vote for that. The LLLL is awesome, puts out a very usable amount of light for use in pure darkness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Definitely in for another LLLL.

I have created the sign up list in the Sounding Board, please voice interest THERE, and not here for GB (though I have included all on this page who expressed interest)

Let's also try to keep potential/ ideas for GBs directed to there as well. Feels like the more appropriate spot so we can discuss actually existent dropins here
    List of my lights!

The 4 L's turned out great. Very useable amount of light without being overwhelming for tasks like busting a shadow or reading fine print (or like Poppy says "finding a crayon under a sofa).
    Both tints are wonderful. Thanks again dot.
    John 3:16

Enlightened

Isaias hit us pretty hard here, and both of my 4Ls served admirably for 4 days without power. I found myself using the 5K4L more as a task/walking around light, and tail standing the 3K4L for hours on end for room lighting. M61LLL 219b v3 at 60 lumens was also quite handy for brighter tail standing illumination, and I clipped my M31LLL 219b v3 1AA with the head in plastic milk bottle for a nice 15 lumens glow lantern.

I used my 91BN "Sweet Rosy" quite a bit on low with an 18650 as well, though the high was almost too much outside without other ambient light in the hood. Lights like the Wildcat v6 and the HD 18650 saw little use truth be told, though I did have fun lighting up the entire street with the Wildcat on a few night dog walks. Even an M61L (230 lumens) was way more than needed, and an M61NLL (80) was bright.

So my anecdotal evidence tends to support the notion that the 4Ls are plenty of light in the actual dark, and quite useful for extended runtime situations. No battery changes on any of the 3Ls or 4Ls for the duration of the outage here.
    Last edited by WhiskeyLight; 08-09-2020 at 09:16 AM.

Real life Use in action! Love it. I to have found that my 4Lís Are all I could ever need for a power outage/emergency situation. Plenty bright and runtimes levels measured in days.

That is pretty cool to hear real life usage, hope youíre safe and have power back.
    I gave one of my 4LLLLís to my oldest for a power outage light.
    "Open the pod bay doors, please, Hal"

Glad to hear the 4L did u good in the storm!
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Awesome to hear they've already started to fulfill their duty! I love these modules. I end up using my C3 LLLL warm a ton in studio when I'm working with the lights off. I should really try to stick to just fiddling with one... I have em in everything from a 1xAA to a 3xCR123 and they all get regular use, I thought maybe I would gravitate towards a certain format for these modules, but I find just as much use for my tail-standable MDC/ VME combo as my 'night stick' Surefire C3 with regular Z41.

Even going into this, I totally underestimated how useful this output level is.

Oh no.... I'm getting more amped by the minute for the group buy.....
    List of my lights!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyLight View Post
    Isaias hit us pretty hard here, and both of my 4Ls served admirably for 4 days without power.
    Nice.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by greatscoot View Post
    That is pretty cool to hear real life usage, hope youíre safe and have power back.
    I gave one of my 4LLLLís to my oldest for a power outage light.
    I am fine, thanks! Power's back and back to work. Good man gifting a 4L to your oldest. I gifted an MD2 M61LL to my neighbor the day before Isaias hit us...gotta ask how it worked out for him and apologize for tempting fate.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Glad to hear the 4L did u good in the storm!
    Thanks! They were very nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    Awesome to hear they've already started to fulfill their duty! I love these modules. I end up using my C3 LLLL warm a ton in studio when I'm working with the lights off. I should really try to stick to just fiddling with one... I have em in everything from a 1xAA to a 3xCR123 and they all get regular use, I thought maybe I would gravitate towards a certain format for these modules, but I find just as much use for my tail-standable MDC/ VME combo as my 'night stick' Surefire C3 with regular Z41.

Even going into this, I totally underestimated how useful this output level is.

Oh no.... I'm getting more amped by the minute for the group buy.....
    Yes they definitely performed well in the emergency role I used to rationalize buying them, but I agree I've grown quite fond of them in general. Both of mine reside in MD3s with 22.3 heads, no high/low...I seem to have settled on that for them. The output level is really quite nice, and despite the apparent consensus here I really like the 5000K 4L.

And now I'm in for 2 4L SSTs....

60 hours on a 18650 is very acceptable for the amount of useable light it puts out. Basically 6 days of all nite usage without ever turning it off during the dark hours.

So I got one of each of these coming. Gonna run a zero res shorty on a 18650 with the 1.5 body. Should be a perfect SHTF light with the high low ring. Can run 1x18650 or 2xCR123. If I get bored I'll throw my M91N 4000K in it.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    So I got one of each of these coming. Gonna run a zero res shorty on a 18650 with the 1.5 body. Should be a perfect SHTF light with the high low ring. Can run 1x18650 or 2xCR123. If I get bored I'll throw my M91N 4000K in it.

I saw you say that and made me want one too. Need to get my Zero res setup!
    List of my lights!

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819 LastLast