Wuben        
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: The LLLL's

Default Re: The LLLL's

Quote Originally Posted by knucklegary View Post
    With your MD1.5 you get both high/low and tail standing capabilities, plus the ability to swap out heads.. You can stick a M61Hot on that puppy!
    Just saying (:
    And M91N 5000K which is also fun.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

*Flashaholic*

I am struggling with my 'triple L' configuration. The weird 219-B config. I know it's punishing but I will survive.

maybe I will swap it for one of the four Ls if a user review is persuasive enough.
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** ďLearn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someoneís life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.Ē ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

*Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    The 4 L's turned out great. Very useable amount of light without being overwhelming for tasks like busting a shadow or reading fine print (or like Poppy says "finding a crayon under a sofa).
    Both tints are wonderful. Thanks again dot.

Any pics? I am kind of a visual learner
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** ďLearn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someoneís life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.Ē ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Quote Originally Posted by etc View Post
    I am struggling with my 'triple L' configuration. The weird 219-B config. I know it's punishing but I will survive.

maybe I will swap it for one of the four Ls if a user review is persuasive enough.
    You talking about the tint?
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by etc View Post

For me, the LLL 219b was the reason for my love and desire for the LLLL. The 219b LLL became my favorite and most used dropin- still have a V3 in an MD1 Tricap as my bedside light. These super-low output Malkoffs are almost idiosyncratically SHTF/ ultimate-runtime survival style light, for when you need to conserve power for as long as possible while still remaining useful in most situations.

I think the LLLL does what the LLL is supposed to do, just roughly 3x better. The LEDs used in the LLL batch have greater brightness efficiency, even the 90 and 95 CRI LLLL versions (W and N4K respectively). The real world brightness differences are negligible, but the draw of the LLLL is almost a quarter that of the LLL, so runtimes are massively extended.

I feel this is on the whole a rather objective take of the matter, despite the fact it may seem inherent that I may have a slight bias......
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011
    List of my lights!

For real nite time use, not for wow factor, it is hard to beat the SST LLLL M61. It really does put out the perfect amount of light, not too bright nor dim. There is a reason why the latest GB sold 38 units, I picked up a second myself. If you've been without power for 5 days, you realize how important a long runtime flashlight is. This is it.

And one more point, some folks say well my flashlight has lower modes for long runtimes, well yes that is true, but the high modes drain your battery quicker. Don't have that option with the LLLL, long runtime is your only option, simple is good.
    Last edited by PoliceScannerMan; 09-16-2020 at 07:32 AM.

I found my 5K4L to be a nice little bike light.

I live in a very urban area and thereís usually enough ambient light to see what going on on the streets at night. However the LLLL does pick up the slack when there are any street lights.

I also carry a M91 md1 malkoff in my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have my M61LLL from back in 2012. (Credit as always to Leon2245 for planting the seed.) It has been a "go-bag" light in my car with the occasional trip inside for power outages. That was when Gene would occasionally do one-off modules. I know how that runs, and am REALLY looking forward to this second run of LLLL's. I think I have even finally picked a host.
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    I think I have even finally picked a host.
    Who's the lucky winner?

I'm leaning toward yellow G2 with 16650.

Just moved one of my warm 4Lís into a elzetta bravo with a hi/lo tail. Real nice bedside light.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

PSM: just picked up a Yellow G2 myself. Plan on putting one of my LLLLís in it. Good choice!

Quote Originally Posted by nmiller View Post
    PSM: just picked up a Yellow G2 myself. Plan on putting one of my LLLLís in it. Good choice!
    Great light. Have had mine well over a decade.

I agree. I have a couple black ones. Still use the incan bulbs I have in them. This time I really wanted yellow. I think I over paid, but really really wanted yellow.

Considering my use of the 60 lumen incans, I think the LLLL will be perfect. Actually caught myself last night thinking the 60 lumens was too bright!

Yep 60 lumens at night with dark adapted eyes is way to bright for me. To be honest the 4Lís are way more then I need. On a single lithium with a hi/lo the low is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Yep 60 lumens at night with dark adapted eyes is way to bright for me. To be honest the 4Lís are way more then I need. On a single lithium with a hi/lo the low is perfect.
    I remember picking up my first 6P Incan way back when. It was like holding the Sun in your hand.
    Now I have 3 x 4Lís.
    "Open the pod bay doors, please, Hal"

Funny how that works. I to remember many moons ago getting my E2E. First thing I did was compare it to my big mag lights. And now I tend to use way under 60 lumens most of the time if Iím not at work.

Used a 16650 cell in my G2 last night. It appears to be dimmer than 2xcr123a and much preferred. I'm so excited for the LLLL!

Ya itís a lot dimmer. And like it better as well.

Enlightened

I confess I've got G2 envy. Seems like the perfect host for the LLLLs. Alas the bidding gods do not smile upon me lately, so Malkoff hosts will have to suffice for now.

The G2 has become one of my favorite hosts. Now I need to get a G3 to try out.

Them are getting hard to find.

Haven't seen one in a long time. Being able to use 3x123 or 2xaa with the LLLL would be nice.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyLight View Post
    I confess I've got G2 envy. Seems like the perfect host for the LLLLs. Alas the bidding gods do not smile upon me lately, so Malkoff hosts will have to suffice for now.

Icanfixthat.jpg
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011
    List of my lights!

Haven't seen one in a long time. Being able to use 3x123 or 2xaa with the LLLL would be nice.
    It is nice and have one in mine but no option for a low mode.Got to have a low mode on a 4L after all 😁

Too funny. I'm ok without the low mode. I have been enjoying simple things these days including single mode flashlights.

Iím a lucky guy! Just scored a G3 on the bay. I hope it arrives safe and sound and as good as it looks in the pictures.

Iím a lucky guy! Just scored a G3 on the bay. I hope it arrives safe and sound and as good as it looks in the pictures.
    Nice man, I may do the same.

Last one I got on that site had it listed as a G2! When I saw it was actually a G3 I jumped on it.😁

Only one on the bay is $87 with shipping, MEH!!! lol

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021 LastLast