ArmyTek        

Thread: Which current models have the highest CONSTANT lumen output.

Enlightened

Default Which current models have the highest CONSTANT lumen output.

I don't know about others, but I would find it really useful to have an updated table as a sticky. Also highest constant output beam distance. This could be really useful in assessing which model to acquire for industrial or search and rescue applications.

Default Re: Which current models have the highest CONSTANT lumen output.

I nominate……you to do it.
    Yeah, that was easy.
    John 3:16

Flashaholic

Without looking through all the data, I know the Nitecore EC4GTS has perfectly flat output even on high.
    Find all my reviews of flashlights, pens, chargers, and more at https://www.bmengineer.com

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    I nominate……you to do it.
    Yeah, that was easy.
    OK. I'll see what I can come up with. If I write to manufacturers, I wonder if they will respond. I can at least give it a go.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by bmengineer View Post
    Without looking through all the data, I know the Nitecore EC4GTS has perfectly flat output even on high.
    Just checked. High is 800lm with 260m range for about 3h when the batteries die.

Flashaholic*

Im thinking the BLF GT probably has the highest distance constant output.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Rama View Post
    OK. I'll see what I can come up with. If I write to manufacturers, I wonder if they will respond. I can at least give it a go.
    Keep in mind that most manufactures don't have their lights tested by a independent lab to the FL1 standard – numbers are often derived from guesstimates with a large helping of wishful thinking. And that's just the manufacturers considered to be more or less “reputable”, most of the others just make up wildly inflated numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by bmengineer View Post
    I think that entire EC4 series including the AA models were pretty top notch for thermal performance. I have a EC4S, want to pick up a couple of the AA models next.

The Fenix PD 36R maintains 800 lumens for 2 1/2hrs once it drops from 1600 lumens. I'm not sure but it seems to run longer when initially set at 800 lumens. davemp

The Acebeam X70 can sustain 18000 lumens for 50 mins or 8000 lumens for 2hrs.

Flashaholic

I don't know about others, but I would find it really useful to have an updated table as a sticky. Also highest constant output beam distance. This could be really useful in assessing which model to acquire for industrial or search and rescue applications.
    I guess you mean without stepping down. Unfortunately most cheat and play the FL-1 Standard and stepdown after 30 seconds or some time not long after, Surefire, Maglite, Streamlight, Olight generally all stepdown. HDS and Malkoff (depending on the Drop-in) and Fenix generally don't step down and provide constant regulated output until the battery/batteries can no longer sustain that level of output then start to drop.

As for S&R applications, probably better for anyone to ask for specific recommendations, as too many variables, when choosing, and IMO beam distance isn't necessarily that useful depending on the terrain. One thing for certain is that the brighter the light the less runtime and for long shifts runtime may a lot more important.
    Last edited by GoVegan; 03-29-2020 at 06:43 AM.

Flashaholic

IMO this is not really the kind of thing you'd ask manufacturers as it would be too much work for them to answer, it is more something that you'd have to research yourself by checking the specs of all the models you are interested in and then compiling the data yourself.