• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

ACEBEAM X80 UVC 275nm LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

acebeam

Enlightened
ACEBEAM X80 UVC 3535 275纳米LED

89921168_642962793167998_8979731388399878144_o.jpg

Last edited:

Agpp

Enlightened
Re: ACEBEAM X80 (UVC 3535 275nm LED) for antivirus, protect you from virus!!

Come on Acebeam, you too join the scammers that want to profit from the pandemic? That's very disappointing.
UV-C is very dangerous. Unlike soap. Which actually works better against the coronavirus.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

@Acebeam
In this context of the current corona virus it makes more sense washing the hands very good with soap for 30-60s more often. That will help more than using a UV-C flashlight!

I can not recommend UV-C for "desinfection" in home environment at all. Handling high power UV-C may harm your eyes, ...

Therefore, Acebeam, for this ad you get a :thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow
Only to prevent misunderstanding. Normally I like Acebeam products.

Last edited:

acebeam

Enlightened

Come on Acebeam, you too join the scammers that want to profit from the pandemic? That's very disappointing.
UV-C is very dangerous. Unlike soap. Which actually works better against the coronavirus.

Thanks for your attention to ACEBEAM. UV-C light is invisible, so there will be a blue safety indicator for remind if the UV-C light is working. The light is suggested to sterilize articles, do not aim light at eyes or skin.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

:thumbsdow

Keitho

Enlightened

How embarrassing for Acebeam. Whoever at the company had the terrible judgement and taste to post "protect you from virus" (double exclamation points omitted) for a flashlight will hopefully soon be fired in conjunction with an official apology and retraction from Acebeam. Most people on this forum know that, while hospitals and other commercial users use UV-C germicidal lamps for facility and equipment disinfection (usually multiple minute exposures at pretty dangerous-to-skin/eyes power levels), that a flashlight in most people's hands will be just the wrong combination of dangerous and ineffective.

Acebeam, tough times reveal our shared character--are you in the category of people selling "anti virus toothpaste" and homemade hand sanitizer that is causing chemical burns, or are you a stand-up company that puts employees and customers first?

ank

Newly Enlightened

Don't listen to them Acebeam. A UVC flashlight is welcome, I'll buy it :D

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

No matter how anyone spins this post, it is irresponsible on Acebeam's part to suggest UV-C will kill viruses when there's A LOT more to the equation. At what power level do you need to run the light for and for how long? Does this apply to all viruses or just some viruses? All missing bits of information that is needed and THIS is EXACTLY why there's is panic and distress in our world now.

ACEBEAM X80 (UVC 3535 275nm LED), protect you from virus!!

89921168_642962793167998_8979731388399878144_o.jpg

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened

Acebeam pushes the envelope but they're also consistently cavalier with safety. I remember when I posted here about a K70 shorting, smoking and almost blowing up in my car before I grabbed and threw it out the window... others posted their horror stories as well and they seemed nervous for a bit they might have to do something drastic like fix the design flaw and possibly even refund to those whose lights blew up.
Fortunately for them, many came to their defense, and posted pictures of an early instruction manual that instructed people to not take off the rear battery cover. They went from offering to replace my light (something I never asked them to do - I was thinking of human lives) to refusing to replace their melted tail cap.

I was going to say, "I don't think they are really on the page when it comes to carrying about human life!" but that's too harsh. I'm sure it's a big company with a great variety of people - some that care and some that don't!

Henk4U2

Enlightened

The small "Caution" section relates to wear protective glasses. UV-C (275nm) is NOT UV-A (like 365nm). Professional sellers state that you need to wear protective clothing all around. Special gloves and mask being the least of it.
Of course it can cause welders eye, but UV-A also can.
UV-C light can cause skin cancer, if you are exposed to the (reflected) light.
It forms ozone: you have to vent the room after use.
IF you buy one of these lights: store them out of reach, like in a gun safe.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I see they've changed the title of the thread.
Last edited by acebeam; Today at 01:49 AM. Reason: Add more information

More like - realised we've shot ourselves in the foot!
P

Status
Not open for further replies.