Oh Happy Day!

Poppy

Flashaholic
What made your day a Happy Day yesterday?

Last night while unpacking my lunch bag, my daughter handed me a flashlight. It was at the bottom of the basket of the dog's toys.

It was my first Convoy S2 flashlight! Not an S2+ but an original S2 ! It had been missing for so long, I pretty much stopped wondering about it.

Like the returning Prodigal son, it is funny how much it topped off my day :thumbsup:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! What made my day happy yesterday was a visit from my best friends daughter, who gifted me his church property after he passed to Heaven two years ago.

ven

Flashaholic
I like happy positive, great thread poppy:rock:

Got nothin to add........

Kidding:nana:

What made me happy today, was getting to work, getting back without my car costing me another £3385. So that made me very happy:)

Coming home to (obviously the family being home and safe goes without saying) an amazon delivery of some impact bits, for my living at home impact gun! I am not one for bringing stuff home for jobs, so i buy twice. Now my dewalt stuff is home, i have a new dewalt drill(already had spare driver so brought that home) for work!
zlKnNiel.jpg

zYyZNxgl.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic
Very nice Ven.
It's always nice to have a duplicate set of tools.

When I had two houses, far too often when I needed a specialty tool, it was at the other house.

That's a nice looking set that you have there. I like it when the pieces all pack away neatly. Sometimes I wish those molded boxes had some extra space so that I could add another tool to make it more complete, like a swivel socket, or extension. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about yesterday but, having this arrive today made me very happy as I have been looking for one for a while...
ah4SxI4.jpg

When I quit being a professional mechanic years ago I kept all of my tools. It sure is nice using the high end stuff at home now. I will never sell them.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

ven

Flashaholic
Very nice Ven.
It's always nice to have a duplicate set of tools.

When I had two houses, far too often when I needed a specialty tool, it was at the other house.

That's a nice looking set that you have there. I like it when the pieces all pack away neatly. Sometimes I wish those molded boxes had some extra space so that I could add another tool to make it more complete, like a swivel socket, or extension. I'm sure you know what I mean.

There is dupe tools, but dupe houses.............i love it haha.

Yes everything in its place and all that. I sure do know poppy.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My bedside table flashlight worked at 2am.
But then again that makes me happy every day.

Yesterday with all of the drama, drama, drama everywhere I visited a nearby grocery store to purchase a depression induced pre-made cake by a company called Ukrops Bakery who make really yummy products from cakes to cuisine. Fresh off the truck was my favorite kind too. Bonus was bare shelves were not bare at 7:00pm. So I was happy for folks who needed groceries but due to panic buying had missed out over the weekend.

My friend said he was happy he survived a trip to Costco Saturday afternoon.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Happy for three things today!

1. Today was my daughter's last day of work at the office. She'll be working from home for the for see-able future!
2. She brought her computer from work home and it's wi-fi was weak so I had to hard wire it to the router. Had to drill a 5/8 inch diameter hole into the floor. Happy that I had the tool to do it! :)
3. I was happy to get to use my Eag-Tac D25LC2 to see what I was doing!

A great day! :)

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
My flight from Miami to Los Angeles, to help my sister and 84 year old father, wasn't cancelled and went smoothly.

Chris

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I was happy to witness the big light bulb in the sky put out a nice warm tint before turning off for the day.

B499-F65-E-3-ED3-43-E3-8665-DA68012-DB212.jpg

An otherwise crowded parking lot was empty as Mrs Fixer and I enjoyed the show.

Bonus, I placed an order for a new style hat and some stickers from my favorite shoe company and received an email saying "hey bykfixer, the stickers are on the house". Sweet.

jrgold

Enlightened
I was happy to witness the big light bulb in the sky put out a nice warm tint before turning off for the day.

B499-F65-E-3-ED3-43-E3-8665-DA68012-DB212.jpg

An otherwise crowded parking lot was empty as Mrs Fixer and I enjoyed the show.

Bonus, I placed an order for a new style hat and some stickers from my favorite shoe company and received an email saying "hey bykfixer, the stickers are on the house". Sweet.

Sounds like the perfect day! Without the distractions of the office I actually got a lot of work done at home today. I was also able to make crepes with my son this morning and help my daughter with one of her projects. I'm very empathetic to those who are sick, but I'm finding working at home to be a win, win.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesterday was a bitter sweet one.
We've been fostering a couple of dogs, bringing our count up to five.
Mrs Yeti used to look after an Old Boy who lived near us until he died in December. We inherited his three dogs. One was too damaged to find a new home for so he is staying, but two of them, sisters that we've known since puppies, were more robust. We would have loved to keep them, but logistically and financially it made no sense.
We didn't want them to go to just anyone, and more or less excluded the whole of humanity with our stringent requirements for their new home.
Yesterday someone drove up here from Cornwall, which apart from Scotland is the furthest you can get from Norfolk. It took him anout 8 hours each way.
He is such a kind fellow and I warmed to him immediately. We all went for a long walk together, without Mrs Yeti as she was working, ate breakfast, then we all went round to say goodbye to Mrs Y. Lots of tears, fortunately he didn't mind me hugging him to death.
So happy that the girls have found a new home with someone that has the capacity to give them all the time that they need. But so sad that I'll never see them again.
P

ven

Flashaholic
Nice story pete, great when things work out. I much prefer dogs to humans, not even close!!!
Nala makes me happy everyday,
27AZEJPl.jpg

:)

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Yesterday was a bitter sweet one.
We've been fostering a couple of dogs, bringing our count up to five.
Mrs Yeti used to look after an Old Boy who lived near us until he died in December. We inherited his three dogs. One was too damaged to find a new home for so he is staying, but two of them, sisters that we've known since puppies, were more robust. We would have loved to keep them, but logistically and financially it made no sense.
We didn't want them to go to just anyone, and more or less excluded the whole of humanity with our stringent requirements for their new home.
Yesterday someone drove up here from Cornwall, which apart from Scotland is the furthest you can get from Norfolk. It took him anout 8 hours each way.
He is such a kind fellow and I warmed to him immediately. We all went for a long walk together, without Mrs Yeti as she was working, ate breakfast, then we all went round to say goodbye to Mrs Y. Lots of tears, fortunately he didn't mind me hugging him to death.
So happy that the girls have found a new home with someone that has the capacity to give them all the time that they need. But so sad that I'll never see them again.
P
Peter,

Very nice dogs are great. We are going to get another kitty to give a home to during the virus crisis! They all stay at the Palm Springs house.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter,

Very nice dogs are great. We are going to get another kitty to give a home to during the virus crisis! They all stay at the Palm Springs house.
Make sure they don't take over!

Nice story pete, great when things work out. I much prefer dogs to humans, not even close!!!
I just showed that photo to Mrs Yeti and she said "I bet the poos are terrifying!"
Nice pic.
P

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing:

Raw diet so not as bad as one would think. Tell mrs Yeti, i will get a nice pic. Under nichia lighting so the browns pop!

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, good story Pete. Glad they found a great new home.

I also vastly prefer dogs to humans lol.

Nice pup Ven, she looks very comfortable lol.

We unfortunately lost our little(85 pound American Chocolate Labrador) Millie to a sudden unexpected health issue last year way before her time(4 years old only). It has been one of the hardest things I have even been through due to the circumstances. We hope to hear within the month if we are getting a new little pup in the next couple months(if this happens it will be a very happy day indeed). I look forward to making our home whole again.

RIP Mil, miss ya everyday...
yTHVHsy.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really feel for you about Millie. We had a beagle die of an anurysm at about the same age. it broke our hearts.
Good luck with the new pooch, she won't replace Millie, she'll just take up another space in your heart. There will always be a Millie shaped space there.
It'll be fun, now that you're ready. Think of all those dirty floors and destroyed shoes, bliss.
P