18650XT

daffy

Enlightened
Wow another amazing bit of kit, ergonomics and build quality outstanding as usual.
No more M61T will put the std M61 head back on the other MD2 body.
5% diffuser pre installed but will try others as well.
I'll get beamshots tonight when out with the hounds.

uNgvyeZ.jpg

Last edited:

daffy

Enlightened
Night Shots taken with IPhone X with the 1% diffuser, the 5% diffuser cleans up the beam nicely but for me it loses too much lux.
AU5C5WW.jpg

Hbl6km4.jpg

qkqBxLL.jpg

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm after throw. Could care a less what it looks like on a wall. These look pretty good. Any clue as to distance here?

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
do you think the oslon flat white may happen if we have enough interest?.
maybe we need to join this to the GB sounding thread.
thanks

mfrey

Enlightened
The 18650XT uses the Oslon Flat White emitter. It's basically an E2XTD in Hound Dog format. It seems to be direct drive but I'm not sure about that.

Considering what you get in the package for the price, it's a good value compared to the E2XT heads alone if you don't mind the larger form factor and don't want it for weapons use (though you could mount it with a 1" ring mount). In exchange for the larger size, you get high/low functionality, native 18650 support, and greater lux with the larger optic.

mfrey

Enlightened
You can see it clearly through the optic of the 18650XT. D0305 J2H1 is printed on the emitter beside the phosphor for what that is worth. I could be wrong but the only occurrence of that nomenclature that I've seen is on the Oslon.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ok if lines are 10 feet long and there's a 21 foot gap in between that's right around 200-220 feet. Not bad

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can see it clearly through the optic of the 18650XT. D0305 J2H1 is printed on the emitter beside the phosphor for what that is worth. I could be wrong but the only occurrence of that nomenclature that I've seen is on the Oslon.

CSLNM1.TG or CSLPM1.TG? ["white 1" or "white 2"]

mfrey

Enlightened
It's hard to tell with the distortion/magnification of the lens but I think it's the NM1 based upon the proportions. Looks like the 1mm square.

daffy

Enlightened
I'm after throw. Could care a less what it looks like on a wall. These look pretty good. Any clue as to distance here?
It will reach further than that but further up that bike path at night gets dodgy, lux is down with the diffuser but the beam shots i posted are 100m approx, i'll go back there tonight with no dogs on the straight section and measure it more precisely.

daffy

Enlightened
The 18650XT uses the Oslon Flat White emitter. It's basically an E2XTD in Hound Dog format. It seems to be direct drive but I'm not sure about that.

Considering what you get in the package for the price, it's a good value compared to the E2XT heads alone if you don't mind the larger form factor and don't want it for weapons use (though you could mount it with a 1" ring mount). In exchange for the larger size, you get high/low functionality, native 18650 support, and greater lux with the larger optic.
That about sums it up nicely

daffy

Enlightened
Since this is a direct drive head (such high lux means it is i guess) i tried 2 different 15A 18650 and get a noticeable increase in performance and of course heat.
The supplied KP will keep it running fine without getting too warm.

daffy

Enlightened
Went out tonight with a 15aH battery with the 1% diffuser, huge difference.
Measured 180m throw but that was the longest bit of straight bike path on that section, still plenty of light left in the beam.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm surprised output increase from high drain cells is visible. I remember testing them with my standard 18650 HD when it was first released. I could measure the increase, but I don't think I could see it.

When I get one, I'll certainly be using it without a diffuser.