Olight x9r not really waterproof or what?

Aalsen

Newly Enlightened
I've got my eyeballs on a x9r, but after some research i read that it's taking in water, and people afraid of using it in the rain..
It's a $600 light, anybody with experience care to let me know if it is really waterproof or not?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got my eyeballs on a x9r, but after some research i read that it's taking in water, and people afraid of using it in the rain..
It's a $600 light, anybody with experience care to let me know if it is really waterproof or not?

Something like a rating of IPX6 is 1m for 30 minutes and IPX8 is, I believe...2M for 30 minutes.

Chris

Aalsen

Newly Enlightened
As long as it can handle the rain. I recently bought five Fenix torches (got bit by the bug) and i'm now looking for The Big Beast! After a lot of research i landet on x9r. At first i was thinking of going for the dx80, but Imalent... Research told me that i could be holding a useless light not long in to the ownership. As i'm living in Norway i really don't want to be returning lights all the time, back and forth, so i'll pay extra for quality and reliability.

I actually own just one light that have been following me for the past six years or something, Trustfire Tr-3t6. I was a student, bought two pretty cheap, sold one for double the price. Tadaa, free flashlight!

I've kind of grown tired of it, and I HATE the UI. Every time my wife turns the light on or off it switches modus. I hate the easytap-to-change-modus-on-the-powerbutton thing. I learned how to turn it on and off without changing modus, but sometimes it still changes modus.

So, i was ill and home from work for a couples of days and did not sleep much because of all the resesrch i did and the craving for good flashlights i had :laughing:

So, yesterday i received the Fenix PD36r in the mail, my first real flashlight, and god have i been missing out! The light that little robust thing poors out! This will be mye go-to light.
I'm still waiting for the LD12 with neutral light, TK25UV which my wife could use when she's cleaning the bathroom :laughing:, the E12 for my edc and the E05 purple for my wife's edc.

Then i discovered other brand, jeesus there's an ocean of high end flashlights out there! I'm saving up for the x9r, not begause i need it, but because i want a beast, and because i want to show off to family and friends.
So, while i'm saving up, i'm looking for an oldschool Maglite that uses two or more C/D batteries.
Oh, and for throw I'll be wanting the Imalent R90C, but that could change over time, as long as it does not have fans in it.

I have two flashlights in my posession now, and as you can see, that collection will expand! We're now heading for summer and i'm bying flashlights.. I ask myself; what happend? And i don't have an answer

Bazar

Newly Enlightened
the Fenix LR40R has been a great light for me. not as bright but much more efficient and smaller. also cheaper. olight x9r is nearly as expensive as the Imalent ms18 and nearly as big. if you want that big and expensive just get the ms18

Aalsen

Newly Enlightened
The ms18 is a bright light for sure, but is has a fan that makes a lot of noise. I've also heard about the quality not being the greatest, and the fan that stops working.
For now a torch with a fan is too much for me

Latest posts