ArmyTek        

Thread: Olight x9r not really waterproof or what?

Default Olight x9r not really waterproof or what?

Iíve got my eyeballs on a x9r, but after some research i read that itís taking in water, and people afraid of using it in the rain..
    Itís a $600 light, anybody with experience care to let me know if it is really waterproof or not?

Default Re: Olight x9r not really waterproof or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Aalsen View Post
    Iíve got my eyeballs on a x9r, but after some research i read that itís taking in water, and people afraid of using it in the rain..
    Itís a $600 light, anybody with experience care to let me know if it is really waterproof or not?
    Something like a rating of IPX6 is 1m for 30 minutes and IPX8 is, I believe...2M for 30 minutes.

Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

it can handle rain. But it doesn't like to swim..

As long as it can handle the rain. I recently bought five Fenix torches (got bit by the bug) and iím now looking for The Big Beast! After a lot of research i landet on x9r. At first i was thinking of going for the dx80, but Imalent... Research told me that i could be holding a useless light not long in to the ownership. As iím living in Norway i really donít want to be returning lights all the time, back and forth, so iíll pay extra for quality and reliability.

I actually own just one light that have been following me for the past six years or something, Trustfire Tr-3t6. I was a student, bought two pretty cheap, sold one for double the price. Tadaa, free flashlight!

Iíve kind of grown tired of it, and I HATE the UI. Every time my wife turns the light on or off it switches modus. I hate the easytap-to-change-modus-on-the-powerbutton thing. I learned how to turn it on and off without changing modus, but sometimes it still changes modus.

So, i was ill and home from work for a couples of days and did not sleep much because of all the resesrch i did and the craving for good flashlights i had

So, yesterday i received the Fenix PD36r in the mail, my first real flashlight, and god have i been missing out! The light that little robust thing poors out! This will be mye go-to light.
    Iím still waiting for the LD12 with neutral light, TK25UV which my wife could use when sheís cleaning the bathroom , the E12 for my edc and the E05 purple for my wifeís edc.

Then i discovered other brand, jeesus thereís an ocean of high end flashlights out there! Iím saving up for the x9r, not begause i need it, but because i want a beast, and because i want to show off to family and friends.
    So, while iím saving up, iím looking for an oldschool Maglite that uses two or more C/D batteries.
    Oh, and for throw Iíll be wanting the Imalent R90C, but that could change over time, as long as it does not have fans in it.

I have two flashlights in my posession now, and as you can see, that collection will expand! Weíre now heading for summer and iím bying flashlights.. I ask myself; what happend? And i donít have an answer

Default Olight x9r not really waterproof or what?

the Fenix LR40R has been a great light for me. not as bright but much more efficient and smaller. also cheaper. olight x9r is nearly as expensive as the Imalent ms18 and nearly as big. if you want that big and expensive just get the ms18
    My Favorite owned: Acebeam T21VN Oslon, Acebeam X80GT, Emisar D4TI 18350 hi LED, Fenix TK75 '15, Fenix FD20. Other: Fenix tk09, Emisar D4 hcri LED, Fenix BC30, Fenix tk32 '15, Coast polysteel full line, Coast g10.

The ms18 is a bright light for sure, but is has a fan that makes a lot of noise. Iíve also heard about the quality not being the greatest, and the fan that stops working.
    For now a torch with a fan is too much for me