Bestech Goblin (titanium)

Garabaldi

Newly Enlightened
I was looking for a nice quality small folder for an EDC. I knew I wanted titanium scales and a good blade steel in a small compact package. I looked at quite a few folders and came across the Bestech Goblin. Now I see Bestech knives kinda all over the spectrum from some cheapo knives to high end ones. I used to equate china with gas station $5 knives. And there is a still a lot of junk out there. I used to not even consider any chinese made knife. But my mind has changed with some of the stuff like WE Knives has put out. When I came across the Goblin I really liked the design a lot. After a lot of debate I pulled the trigger and ordered one off Amazon and while it was scheduled to come in tomorrow, I actually got is delivered today.

Now the seller on Amazon was a company called Direct Prime. Hmmm. Checked them out and they had a great rating and I knew if it I got clone or didnt like it I had the Prime free return option so no loss. It was well packed and came in the legit box and case. The case is what I would call a reinforced soft nylon case so its not going to get crushed easily. The handles are full titanium with a S35VN blade. (specs at the bottom) In the case you get a cleaning cloth, a warranty and care card and of course the Goblin.

tSP7SdP.jpg

I will say this knife really exceeded my expectations and they are usually high. First thing I check n any knife (production, budget, custom, mid-tech) is blade centering. If my Ontarion Rat 2 has perfect blade centering I expect any knife I buy to be on point. Blade centering is dead on It is a small knife.....think CRKT Pilar. Unlike the Pilar this knife (despite being much higher quality) if a flipper and holy crap does it flip. The detent is just perfection. Best detent on ANY knife I ever had or have. Not even kidding. I prefer a more stiff detent but this one is dialed in perfect. I love the big finger choil on the blade. Works great. There is a full titanium back spacer that has a lanyard ring

u6xs1gI.jpg

It really does compare in size to the CRKT Pilar just weights noticably less being the Pilar is solid stainless steel. Funny note: I got a Pilar this week just to compare to the Goblin.Turns out I got a really good Pilar. Actually acceptably smooth and almost perfectly centered with a usable edge. Anyway they are similar in size. The Gblin isnt a really well known knife and I think most will dismiss being made in a Chinese factory. The quality on the Bestech Goblin is just amazing.Its a simple design but so well finished.

f9fXotm.jpg

The Goblin is still $158 for the all titanium and the carbon fiber model. However I have seen the carbon fiber model for around $100 which I think is a steal for what you get. I think if you can get past the price and the fact its a chinese (but high quality) made knife the Goblin is amazing. I might pick up the carbon fiber one just to have or the Imp. Heck I saw a full titanium Imp for $95 on Amazon. Its not going to be a knife for everyone. But even in my fat hands its super ergonomic and I can get a full grip on it wit the choil which is how the knife should be held. If you like the Pilar design and want a higher quality knife check out the Goblin. I love it. Really have no complaints on it that I can find and believe me I can nitpick. Anyway thanks for reading!

• Overall Length:5.75"
  • Blade Length:2.00"
  • Blade Width:1.125"
  • Blade Thickness:0.13"
  • Blade Material:CPM-S35VN
  • Blade Style:Sheepsfoot
  • Blade Grind:Flat
  • Finish:Satin
  • Edge Type:Plain
  • Handle Length:3.75"
  • Handle Width:1.125"
  • Handle Thickness:0.46"
  • Handle Material:Titanium
  • Color:Gray
  • Weight:2.73 oz.
  • User:Right Hand
  • Pocket Clip:Tip-Up
  • Knife Type:Manual
  • Opener:Flipper
  • Lock Type:Frame Lock
  • Brand:Bestech Knives
  • Model:Goblin
  • Model Number:1711C
  • Country of Origin:China
  • Best Use:Everyday Carry
  • Product Type:Knife

tjb

Newly Enlightened
I really liked mine and used it for about a year until the liner screw worked loose and the line fell out. Now it's useless. The liner fell out somewhere in the woods so it's gone forever. Sigh.

Garabaldi

Newly Enlightened
I really liked mine and used it for about a year until the liner screw worked loose and the line fell out. Now it's useless. The liner fell out somewhere in the woods so it's gone forever. Sigh.

Can you get a replacement? Surely they will fix you up with one? Im going to make sure I loctite mine or use Vibratite. The whole scale fell off?