• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Black McLux PR-T BadBoy 666 R3K SE

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
For sale is a Black McLux PR-T (head only) with a BadBoy 666 converter and R3K SE (side emitter). I built this little gem as an experiment to see how well the SE's perform in the PR head. I'm quite pleased with this build. The beam is a nice white semi-flood, with a large hotspot with decent side spill. The beam isn't consistent throughout when examined at 3' on a perfect surface that is a solid color, but is not nearly as noticable when used. I've actually made two of these, one of which is newly into my EDC rotation, but only one is for sale.

$SOLD shipped to US addresses and payment via PayPal non-credit card.

$SOLD for Credit card payment. International buyers agree to pay any overages for expedited postage.

Posts of accepted offer here take precedence. PM with questions.

Thanks!

EDIT: corrected PR to PR-T

PS09

Enlightened
Re: FS: Black McLux PR-T BadBoy 666 R3K SE

I am intersted.
Fit it E2E? I think of yes.
Is it ready for use?
Have you a pics?
Send me a PM.
Pietro

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is for 3V max. ie: E1, E1e. 2 cells would blow the emitter. It is ready to go, fully built. I can't take pics until I get home though (about 6hrs from now).

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

yes beamshots is a must. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

thx

PS09

Enlightened

Ok,
I take it.
Please drop me the total of the amount(PR-T plus shipping for the Italy).
Pietro

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Somebody post beamshots please!!! I want to see how an SE acts in a McLux PR head!!! (please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Jon

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

For beam shots, I will have to put another one together and take pics as this one's already on its way to Napoli... unless gladius feels like taking beam shots when he gets the head.

Thanks guys!

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

Shoot, no beamshots....
Guess I will have to try one myself.
Beretta, did you just slap in the SE as is or did you bore the head to recess the SE a bit similar to E-sinks?

Thx

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

Since I don't have the proper tools/facilities to contersink it, I just spaced out the reflector ever-so-slightly.

I messed with it for a while and the optimum point is just about where the emitter lands when installed directly to the bulkhead.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

Thanks Berreta for the info. What did you space it out with? I shimmed one of my PR heads running a 5W using spacers I made out of the clear plastic on packages. Just wondering if you had a better method.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

I use either the blue washer from a dead SF 123 as a spacer, or I use the black one that's up by the + end. The only thing with the black one is that the hole usually needs to be larger, which I use a regular handheld hole punch to do. It's the same thing I do for a 5W emitter.