Something about 3,000 lumens -- Ledlenser MT18?

charles is great

Newly Enlightened
I was looking for something about 3,000 lumens -- I don't need incredible battery life, I'd just use it for about 20 seconds at a time, to get attention.

REI has the MT18 for $200 and with coupon it's $160. Are there other quality products out there in that light output?

jrgold

Enlightened
Believe it or not the d4v2 is a pretty well made light. It's around $45 and is great for short bursts of massive light. There's also the d4sv2, and the d18 for even more output. Mtn electronics is the place to get them if you're in the states

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Believe it or not the d4v2 is a pretty well made light. It's around $45 and is great for short bursts of massive light. There's also the d4sv2, and the d18 for even more output. Mtn electronics is the place to get them if you're in the states

Yeah...3000LM is so 2017.

4 out of my last 6 lights have been the D4, the D1, the D1S and a D4V2 and they're a great bang for little bucks.

Chris

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MT18 looks pretty interesting to me.

I am thinking about buying one for my daughter.

Features that I like:
- Zoom lens like beam shaping, so that she can adjust the beam from narrow to wider as needed
- Plenty of light
- Made in USA
- She can charge off of USB without taking out the batteries, so easy for her to deal with
- Plenty of battery capacity

It has other charge options that are even faster but the USB feature is perfect for her use.

Her need is to light up the back yard prior to going out with the dog at night. Wants something that can really light it up.

Looks pretty well made with good aesthetics.

Latest posts