Wuben        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hamburgers & Hot Dogs: Best Places To Go / How Do You Make Them At Home?

Default Re: Hamburgers & Hot Dogs: Best Places To Go / How Do You Make Them At Home?

Come to Tucson for Sonoran Hot Dogs. They are sold from food carts all around town.

Attachment 12085
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by troutpool; 03-24-2020 at 08:51 AM.

Default Re: Hamburgers & Hot Dogs: Best Places To Go / How Do You Make Them At Home?

That Sonoran Dog is da bomb! Yes, please!

Silly me found myself sans onion last summer.

Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Troutpool, CG, the hot dogs and hamburger look amazing.

With all my corporate projects cancelled, I am going to try making all the things we like to eat, and some new things.

Also, I will go and get some take out from our favorite restaurants to help them out.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Poppy,

The places you posted look wonderful, and when I get back in the city I am going to try them.

Flashaholic*

I need a Sonoran dog vendor in my kitchen. Looks great
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Started with some rather long pattys. -

Sized for some sourdough bread. They turned out rather well.

Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

CG,

That looks very good. Are you cooking on coals, gas or wood?
    Last edited by RedLED; 03-24-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Chauncey,
    Very nice!
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Quote Originally Posted by RedLED View Post
    CG,

That looks ok s very good. Are you cooking on coals, gas or wood?
    Thanks Red, it's a gas grill. Here's our oldest saying goodbye to the old one and checking out the new. circa 2005

He really wanted to keep the old one. I explained that we didn't need two and that we were going to give the old one to somebody that needed it since it was in good-working condition. It surprised me how he was more sad about the old one leaving than having a new one. It took him the better part of 15 years before he finally cooked on it.

Grilling is always a stressful endeavor for me. His first solo BBQ was burgers for four and they were cooked to perfection. Came in and said to me. "It wasn't stressful at all."

Flashaholic

My absolute favorite burgers, bar none, are from Fatburger - if you are hungry try the double king burger. For me there is no equal.

Hot Dogs - personally I love Nathan's and get great results at home on my gas grill. Medium heat and about 2 - 3 minutes per each 90 degree rotation. Yummy!

Cheers,
    Tim
    More Lights Than I Care to Admit but Not Enough to Stop Buying!

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Thanks Red, it's a gas grill. Here's our oldest saying goodbye to the old one and checking out the new. circa 2005

He really wanted to keep the old one. I explained that we didn't need two and that we were going to give the old one to somebody that needed it since it was in good-working condition. It surprised me how he was more sad about the old one leaving than having a new one. It took him the better part of 15 years before he finally cooked on it.

Grilling is always a stressful endeavor for me. His first solo BBQ was burgers for four and they were cooked to perfection. Came in and said to me. "It wasn't stressful at all."
    Your old one looks just like my first one.
    IIRC instructions said "20 minutes assembly time"
    Why do they always lie?
    I had power tools and it still took me twice as long!

Cheese Burger on potato bun, with pickled (with red wine vinegar) red onion, and cucumber.

My mouth is watering now...nathanís for hot dogs but you canít beat papayas...white mannaís hackensack is the only place for burgers.
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Medium-rare with mustar'd be nice
    Heaven on earth with an onion slice
    I like mine with lettuce and tomato
    Heinz57 and French fried potato
    Big Kosher pickle and a cold draft beer

Has anyone had the butcher grind up a couple of USDA Prime steaks to make their hamburgers?

The other day coming back from the store, I stopped by McDonald's and got some Big Mac's, only because I have not had one in a while, and they were very good, I still like them.

Flashaholic

Many, many years ago I would occasionally get chuck roast/steak ground up at my local Ralphs supermarket. The fat content made for excellent burgers for sure.

However, I only eat red meat once a month these days and that is usually reserved for a nice Ribeye or New York Strip steak...

I use to enjoy a nice McDonald's quarter pounder now and then when I was a teenager but these days - Fatburger is my choice.

Cheers,
    Tim
    More Lights Than I Care to Admit but Not Enough to Stop Buying!

Medium-rare with mustar'd be nice
    Heaven on earth with an onion slice
    I like mine with lettuce and tomato
    Heinz57 and French fried potato
    Big Kosher pickle and a cold draft beer

Wait...this poem is unfinished!
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

That's awesome! I have basically the same Weber grill from '98. Here's a pre-2000 photo of me grilling up some hamburgers.
    And 22 years later it's still used weekly! Only change was a flavorizer bar replacement. Talk about made to last!

This Sunday the family will be over for hamburgers and maybe a few Quarantinis!

Good God almighty, which way do I steer?

SCEMan .... What A Grill Stud!

Good God almighty, which way do I steer?
    SCEMan .... What A Grill Stud!
    Sadly the Weber has aged better than I have...
    Last edited by SCEMan; 05-01-2020 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCEMan View Post
    Sadly the Weber has aged better than I have...
    lol, years ago I didn't post pictures of myself for privacy issues, now, I don't like what I see in the mirror

Yesterday's lunch.
    Who doesn't like a burger with some melted blue cheese, or Gorgonzola cheese?
    Again, with pickled red onions.
    Quick and dirty, but delicious.

I cook mine in a wok! No real reason i just cant find my frying pan. Im sucha mess i lose a darn frying pan!
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12