Wuben        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modules that work in the VME

Default Modules that work in the VME

Here is a thread that will be dedicated to modules that fit and work inside the malkoff vme head.

I put this thread here instead of the malkoff section because all of his modules fit and work perfectly inside this head so the discussions i'm sure will be less about malkoffs themselves.

as posts are made that include the such , i will update the list on this post.

so no one has to go digging around anything.

thanks to all who contributes.

Modules that fit and work with the malkoff VME head:

1. Oveready v4 triple
    2.Rayovac Indestructable 2aa Module
    3.Sportac Triple Nichia
    4. Oveready v5

Modules that DO NOT FIT the VME head:

1. EDC+/IS X60L3v2 Triple XP-G2 S2
    2. Oveready p60 Mule
    Last edited by wicky998; 03-30-2020 at 08:04 AM.
    ..nothing changes nothing...

Default Re: Modules that work in the VME

Nichia219 or xpl-hd?

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

I can add that I bought a EDCPlus/IS X60L3v2 Triple XP-G2 S2 Neutral from illumn in hopes that it would fit in the VME, but unfortunately it does NOT fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jrgold View Post
    I can add that I bought a EDCPlus/IS X60L3v2 Triple XP-G2 S2 Neutral from illumn in hopes that it would fit in the VME, but unfortunately it does NOT fit

Was it to wide or long?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish 14 View Post
    Was it to wide or long?

Too wide. It’s a great little drop in for the md2 tho

Does Oveready fit with or without secondary lens? From what I remember, when I tried fitting, the lens wouldn’t fit. Oveready drop in has a built in lens but I don’t feel comfortable exposing it to elements without secondary lens in front of it. Btw, does anyone know what material the OR dropin’s lens made from?

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Sparky View Post
    Does Oveready fit with or without secondary lens? From what I remember, when I tried fitting, the lens wouldn’t fit. Oveready drop in has a built in lens but I don’t feel comfortable exposing it to elements without secondary lens in front of it. Btw, does anyone know what material the OR dropin’s lens made from?
    If I were to guess, I would say either tempered glass, or mineral Crystal.

Too wide. It’s a great little drop in for the md2 tho

Good to know. Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Fish 14 View Post
    Good to know. Thanks for the info

Actually just installed it to play around some, and it cycles H-M-L instead of LMH which I’m not crazy about

Actually just installed it to play around some, and it cycles H-M-L instead of LMH which I’m not crazy about

Same here. L m h is preferred.

Following .. Great thread Wicky998!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Dammit! I just got a MDC 2AA barrel and a VME head and need a High CRI drop in that can give me control over the mode levels. (150lumens Max would do me fine) Do I need to find a modder and hire them to build a dropin? Are there modders that can build a dropin for the VME? The fact it’s gonna be running 2 AA Eneloop pros doesn’t help. But I already have the MD2 that takes 18650’s and CR123s. For my EDC I wanted something that took a super common battery, had good runtime and was (somewhat) slim.
    Last edited by BattleBrat; 03-23-2020 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBrat View Post
    Dammit! I just got a MDC 2AA barrel and a VME head and need a High CRI drop in that can give me control over the mode levels. (150lumens Max would do me fine) Do I need to find a modder and hire them to build a dropin? Are there modders that can build a dropin for the VME? The fact it’s gonna be running 2 AA Eneloop pros doesn’t help. But I already have the MD2 that takes 18650’s and CR123s. For my EDC I wanted something that took a super common battery, had good runtime and was (somewhat) slim.
    I use a 219b m31 in my 2x AA, illumn says they still have one. They’re supposed to get a full restock soon. No mode control on the m31 other than partially covering the head with your hand for low

I use a 219b m31 in my 2x AA, illumn says they still have one. They’re supposed to get a full restock soon. No mode control on the m31 other than partially covering the head with your hand for low

It’d be nice if I could have a medium (50ish Lumen) and low (15ish Lumen) mode too.
    you see! I just picked up a Malkoff MDC HA AA and the damn thing has “worthless low” “mostly worthless low” and “decently bright” we need more useful modes in these Malkoffs!
    Last edited by BattleBrat; 03-24-2020 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Sparky View Post
    I don’t believe oveready dropins fit vme without modifications. The drop in is too wide from the factory.

.... I just picked up a Malkoff MDC HA AA and the damn thing has “worthless low” “mostly worthless low” and “decently bright” we need more useful modes in these Malkoffs!
    Funny thing, some of us here might rate those modes as "usefully low" , "mostly reasonable" , and "way too bright"
    ... is the archimedes peak

I just picked up a Malkoff MDC HA AA and the damn thing has “worthless low” “mostly worthless low” and “decently bright” we need more useful modes in these Malkoffs!
    Put a red Surefire filter on that single AA and those low modes are absolutely amazing at not destroying night vision even when after you wake up. Right after waking up and pitch black out that low-low with red filter is just an itty bit bright!

Although I’ve never owned one, I heard from an eBay seller that sporttac modules fit vme heads. Anybody try that?

Quote Originally Posted by ledbetter View Post
    Although I’ve never owned one, I heard from an eBay seller that sporttac modules fit vme heads. Anybody try that?
    I've got a couple on the way to test.

Just got shipping info on my sportac xl hd and triple nichia drop ins. They will be here Thursday. I will update as soon as they arrive.

It’d be nice if I could have a medium (50ish Lumen) and low (15ish Lumen) mode too.
    you see! I just picked up a Malkoff MDC HA AA and the damn thing has “worthless low” “mostly worthless low” and “decently bright” we need more useful modes in these Malkoffs!

OMG the low on Malkoff’s AA is IMO absolutely the best night level you can get.You can very easily walk and find stuff in the dark. I love that level.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

What are you using the light for that you don’t use the low lows? We all have different applications of course. I love sub Lumen and low levels on some lights and sometimes I need a blaster. : D
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

The lowlow on the malkoff aa is brilliant! Perfect for around the house at night and going for a piss in the woods. Actually all three settings on the aa are perfect and would love it if Gene made a warm version.

His neutral is real nice that’s what I have.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

To me the low of a AA MDC is great for some tasks but not all.
    For some tasks a 15 lumen low is great. For some tasks a 65 lumen low is great.

I don't use precision screw drivers remove the screws that hold the distributor cap on my car, nor do I use the screw driver for that to disasseble my laptop case. Some screws require a big ole slotted tip screw driver with a 6" handle where others need a stubby flat head.

If I'm using my MDC AA I do not expect the same output levels as my 2D Maglite ML300. If I wanted a universal "one light for all purposes I'd get a rotary and dial it to my perfect output for each task. If I only had one light I'd probably prefer a 15 lumen or thereabouts low though.

Oh yeah, and a Rayovac Indestructable 2aa module fits in a VME.
    John 3:16

My Sportac Triple Nichia fits.

Some older XM-L P60 DIY Pills also fit. but frankly don't recall when or where I got them.
    "may you live light and phosphor" - Mr. Spark

I’m pretty sure M60’s,M30’s,M61’s,M31’s,and M91’s Fit real good😁

Quote Originally Posted by bigburly912 View Post
    What are you using the light for that you don’t use the low lows? We all have different applications of course. I love sub Lumen and low levels on some lights and sometimes I need a blaster. : D
    My issue mainly is that when I use the light in the daytime which is most of the time I’m using it. My only real option for any illumination that’ll actually work for me is high and it somewhat eats batteries. And that at night I find the Low low to be simply too low to be any serious use for me. The Low works and I do find it does make for a good “don’t disturb the misses while reading at night” or “walking to take a wizz at night and don’t want to be blinded” level.
    With its current levels of Low Low, Low, and High, It makes a great night stand light, unfortunately it does not make a very good EDC light it’s simply missing a good medium mode that’s functional in the daytime and easier on batteries. I feel if he simply got rid of low low and put in a 50 lumen medium mode the light would be far more useful and better balanced.

I have an Elzetta Bones for daytime use and a PKDL PR-1. Rayovac makes a $4 plastic number with a dome lens that works great at casting light into close up dark crevices. Inspection lights work great and don't require a lot of output.

The M361w from a group buy last year works in a VME too. If I recall correct 25 or so were made.
    John 3:16

Default Modules that work in the VME

LIST UPDATED!

im also going to compile a list of modules that DO NOT FIT.

incase someone has a module that isnt on the "IT DOES FIT LIST" , they wont have to scroll through the thread and see if their module doesnt fit.

also the oveready modules that do not fit because of it being to wide, do you guys have specific module numbers?

some oveready modules do work like the V4 triple.

thanks for all of the input guys!

you all will make the thread what it is!

wicky
    Last edited by wicky998; 03-25-2020 at 08:50 AM.
    ..nothing changes nothing...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast