Modules that work in the VME

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a thread that will be dedicated to modules that fit and work inside the malkoff vme head.

I put this thread here instead of the malkoff section because all of his modules fit and work perfectly inside this head so the discussions i'm sure will be less about malkoffs themselves.

as posts are made that include the such , i will update the list on this post.

so no one has to go digging around anything.

thanks to all who contributes.

Modules that fit and work with the malkoff VME head:

1. Oveready v4 triple
2.Rayovac Indestructable 2aa Module
3.Sportac Triple Nichia
4. Oveready v5

Modules that DO NOT FIT the VME head:

1. EDC+/IS X60L3v2 Triple XP-G2 S2
2. Oveready p60 Mule

Last edited:

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nichia219 or xpl-hd?

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

jrgold

Enlightened
I can add that I bought a EDCPlus/IS X60L3v2 Triple XP-G2 S2 Neutral from illumn in hopes that it would fit in the VME, but unfortunately it does NOT fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can add that I bought a EDCPlus/IS X60L3v2 Triple XP-G2 S2 Neutral from illumn in hopes that it would fit in the VME, but unfortunately it does NOT fit

Was it to wide or long?

Seattle Sparky

Newly Enlightened
Does Oveready fit with or without secondary lens? From what I remember, when I tried fitting, the lens wouldn't fit. Oveready drop in has a built in lens but I don't feel comfortable exposing it to elements without secondary lens in front of it. Btw, does anyone know what material the OR dropin's lens made from?

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does Oveready fit with or without secondary lens? From what I remember, when I tried fitting, the lens wouldn't fit. Oveready drop in has a built in lens but I don't feel comfortable exposing it to elements without secondary lens in front of it. Btw, does anyone know what material the OR dropin's lens made from?
If I were to guess, I would say either tempered glass, or mineral Crystal.

jrgold

Enlightened
Good to know. Thanks for the info

Actually just installed it to play around some, and it cycles H-M-L instead of LMH which I'm not crazy about

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually just installed it to play around some, and it cycles H-M-L instead of LMH which I'm not crazy about

Same here. L m h is preferred.

BattleBrat

Newly Enlightened
Dammit! I just got a MDC 2AA barrel and a VME head and need a High CRI drop in that can give me control over the mode levels. (150lumens Max would do me fine) Do I need to find a modder and hire them to build a dropin? Are there modders that can build a dropin for the VME? The fact it's gonna be running 2 AA Eneloop pros doesn't help. But I already have the MD2 that takes 18650's and CR123s. For my EDC I wanted something that took a super common battery, had good runtime and was (somewhat) slim.

Last edited:

jrgold

Enlightened
Dammit! I just got a MDC 2AA barrel and a VME head and need a High CRI drop in that can give me control over the mode levels. (150lumens Max would do me fine) Do I need to find a modder and hire them to build a dropin? Are there modders that can build a dropin for the VME? The fact it's gonna be running 2 AA Eneloop pros doesn't help. But I already have the MD2 that takes 18650's and CR123s. For my EDC I wanted something that took a super common battery, had good runtime and was (somewhat) slim.

I use a 219b m31 in my 2x AA, illumn says they still have one. They're supposed to get a full restock soon. No mode control on the m31 other than partially covering the head with your hand for low :)

BattleBrat

Newly Enlightened
I use a 219b m31 in my 2x AA, illumn says they still have one. They're supposed to get a full restock soon. No mode control on the m31 other than partially covering the head with your hand for low :)

It'd be nice if I could have a medium (50ish Lumen) and low (15ish Lumen) mode too.
you see! I just picked up a Malkoff MDC HA AA and the damn thing has "worthless low" "mostly worthless low" and "decently bright" we need more useful modes in these Malkoffs!

Last edited:

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't believe oveready dropins fit vme without modifications. The drop in is too wide from the factory.

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... I just picked up a Malkoff MDC HA AA and the damn thing has "worthless low" "mostly worthless low" and "decently bright" we need more useful modes in these Malkoffs!

Funny thing, some of us here might rate those modes as "usefully low" , "mostly reasonable" , and "way too bright" :duck:

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up a Malkoff MDC HA AA and the damn thing has "worthless low" "mostly worthless low" and "decently bright" we need more useful modes in these Malkoffs!

Put a red Surefire filter on that single AA and those low modes are absolutely amazing at not destroying night vision even when after you wake up. Right after waking up and pitch black out that low-low with red filter is just an itty bit bright!

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I've never owned one, I heard from an eBay seller that sporttac modules fit vme heads. Anybody try that?
I've got a couple on the way to test.

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got shipping info on my sportac xl hd and triple nichia drop ins. They will be here Thursday. I will update as soon as they arrive.