My latest way of getting where i need to be

daffy

Enlightened
Dualtron Thunder- replaces my Zero 10x

HbtkEOz.jpg

StarHalo

Flashaholic
More than likely im in Australia where ours are also restricted, shop i bought from already removed whatever restrictions it may have had fitted.
Example
https://madcharge.com/forum/dualtron-thunder/12-remove-dualtron-thunder-speed-limit.html

Yeessss, this is getting very interesting; California folk are open to everyone using whatever means they can to get around in the sunny weather, and if you're in a retail-heavy suburb, most everything you need is within a few minutes even by foot - an electric board or scooter could simplify a lot of shopping.

It's similar to Tom Stefaniuk's vlogs, he lives right in the heart of New York City and gets around on a Boosted Board, he just goes around town vlogging at ~28 mph:

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool! What do the left and right finger actuators actuate? Left brake (front or rear?), right accelerate?

edit: ok, looks like an after market accelerator. What does the stock setup on left and right handlebar controls look like?

Last edited:

daffy

Enlightened
Cool! What do the left and right finger actuators actuate? Left brake (front or rear?), right accelerate?

edit: ok, looks like an after market accelerator. What does the stock setup on left and right handlebar controls look like?

Go look at any picture of an unrestricted dual tron and thats what mine looks like, there is nothing extra mounted anywhere just the brake levers and lcd display.

Poppy

Flashaholic
When the grand kids were young, twins, they really didn't want to learn to ride a two wheeler bicycle.

I even took one in off of the street, and stripped off the chain, and pedals and sprocket, so that they could scoot along, and learn how to balance without having to pedal too. LOL... that almost worked.

Just this past year or two, one learned how to ride, and this year the other. The problem is that we only have one bike.

Christmas brought a new extra large frame 29 inch bike for one.

The kids are 6' 2"

Now... with covid, and school, and working from home, we needed a 3rd bike, so my daughter could ride with the boys. They are virtually unavailable at the big box stores.

Last night my daughter bought a 26" bike, and my one grand son started to assemble it.

Of course, he is at the point in his life that he is too proud to come to Poppy for help (most times) but youtube is his friend.

It's funny how I have mixed feelings about this.
*I* want to teach him, and *I* want him to recognize that I know stuff. OTOH, I am happy/pleased that he has the confidence that he can do it, and be resourceful enough to find the info he needs online.

Although I mentioned to him that when he was going to put the pedals on, one might be a left handed thread.
Either, he wasn't listening, or didn't understand what I meant.
But this morning I coached him on how to put the one pedal on, that he wasn't able to do.

Big smiles for Poppy. :)

So while it won't be MY mode of transportation, my daughter and her kids, can get out and play around. They probably put on about 8 miles today.
It's all good!!!

Poppy

Flashaholic
A couple of days ago, it was pointed out to me that the seat, was twisted and contorted.

The spring steel frame of the seat, that the padded seat springs rest on, was bent/twisted. I tried to hold part of it with a crescent wrench, and another section with water pump pliers, and couldn't get the right angle on it because the springs were in the way.

Today my grandson and I took the seat all apart, and laid the spring steel frame on the ground, and beat it with a hammer. That didn't work, putting it in a vice, and trying to bend it didn't work either. Out came the torch. Once it was red hot, we easily bent it into shape. We cooled it and checked it; then one more heat treatment, and finishing touch of bending in another direction, and it is 95% - 98% good.

ACtC-3cI0ace5tw7zQZsqLea6T2keC7vii-21JHxDcBlHID25Fm0XCKgoiFb5y2JsTQmc-YpXxpZF_knbtZcMOCCxweNCuRnZwn3azf9jka7UMKFfn4bk5oZ1GSVNGIVfVnLnXuy87wHWpDkri57ufkwPjZ8=w568-h757-no

I'm really happy to work with tools with my grand-kids, especially ones that are "special tools"!