FourSevens        

Thread: Replacement for BC-900 charger?

Default Replacement for BC-900 charger?

So, my old LaCrosse BC-900 charger has finally become unusable (current button is dead so only SLOWWWW discharging/charging and connector to power supply is losing contact at the slightest movement). I have a Maha fast charger and slow chargers that came with packs of cells (both Eneloop and Energizer), but want something with a data display. Rather than search through products, I figured asking here is quicker and easier to find what currently-available charger is similar to the BC-900.

Want:
    -4 AA/AAA capacity
    -readouts of voltage and cumulative mAh to monitor charge status and cell health
    -one or more discharge/test/refresh modes
    -moderate price

Don't Want:
    -history of melting itself or other destructive mis-behavior (I heard rumors that the BC-900 itself wasn't great in this regard)
    Last edited by Buck; 03-25-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Default Re: Replacement for BC-900 charger?

I do have newer "fancier" chargers, but I still use my MH-C9000 more than anything else
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    I do have newer "fancier" chargers, but I still use my MH-C9000 more than anything else
    Yep and I still have my working BC-700 that I bought along with my Maha C9000 and I wish that I’d gotten 2 Mahas.

Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

Flashaholic

Opus BT-C3100 and 3400, both with new fans. I have these along with two BC-900s. Both the Opus and Lacrosse have one unit each which has a shorted transistor bad pocket which could have caused dangerous things to happen if I wasn't always looking for trouble. I also have an Opus BT-C700 which has no problems.
    It ain't easy being me, but someone's gotta do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    So, my old LaCrosse BC-900 charger has finally become unusable (current button is dead so only SLOWWWW discharging/charging and connector to power supply is losing contact at the slightest movement).
    Mine has recently done the same! First it was the Mode button that stopped working (a few years ago). Now none of the buttons work, but inserting a battery still chargers it at the gentle/slow 200mAh rate. I have an XTAR VC4 that can charge NiMH, but it has no Test or Recondition features. I would like to find a replacement that has at least the Test/Discharge feature. At the same time, I am not looking to spend a lot because I see myself transitioning towards LiIon. Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with Liitokala chargers?

I have a xtar vc4s that can charge NiMH. It can be a battery tester for it can do charge-discharge-charge. I think this mode is just like a refresh. And it has 4 bays. I guess it is the upgrade of vc4, LoL.