Arc4+... Buy now or buy later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boy...my finger is itching to pay for one of those Arc4+ with Paypal!

I'm going to the Philippines in May and i would like to bring an Arc4+ with me. A part of me can't wait 'till May to get one and wants to pick one up NOW. But there are a few small changes that Peter said he will be making to the Arc4+.

In particular:
Knurling on the bezel (something i like BTW)
Small changes to the PCB (For RF noise issues)
Switch improvements (major design i'm waiting for):
Increased switch travel
Added cushion in switch button
Better PCB design/construction (better quality).

And then there are the new accessories like the new tailswitch w/guard, and the 2x123 pack and the 2xAA pack. These i know for sure will be sold seperately...so i can wait for those.

What i am concerned with are the design changes that will be made to Rev2 Arc4+. Do you think Rev2 will be ready by May...or should i shut my trap and just buy one now?

It's been a couple months since my last flashlight purchase, and i want my next one to be big. I need to score man.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
buy one now so you can be sure to have one with you in the philippines, and after you get back, you can sell it and buy a rev2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rickdm

Newly Enlightened
Though are some retailers who still have the Arc4, the Arc website is sold out. Waiting for Rev2 may not be an option, it may be your only choice.

Rick

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
rickdm is right, we are sold out of the rev1's so unless you can find it from a dealer or someone willing to part with their's, you can't order it yet.

The rev2 changes are:

-head knurl
-Battery pack knurl is further back to clear clip (reduces abrasion on your pants)
-longer travel in switch
-pcb layout to simplify manufacturing
-anti-rattle cushion in switch

That is it folks. Not sure where the "design for rf noise", etc came from.

Peter

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any pictures of the head knurling, Peter? I don't remember seeing any in the "Arc4 2x123 pack and tail guard protos" thread.

I was reading some old threads regarding the four pilot Arc4+ lights. A comment that recurred concerned the knurling on the body, just underneath the clip. It was said the clip pressing against the knurling would be tough on pockets.

I guess I'm secretly hoping the body knurling will disappear at the same time the head knurling appears. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the tail guard will not be on Rev2? That's OK, I can wait for it and the 2AA tailpack. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Arc still has half a dozen seconds, however. The irregularities vary, but most users, including me, are quite happy with the $99 deal! So, if you can't wait, LEDagent, that's the ticket.

daloosh

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry Peter for assuming that the PCB changes were for RF issues. I just remembered that there was some discussion on the rF issues and thought that the new PCB design addressed this minor problem...no problem for me though.

I'm not gonna wait very much longer. I get my paycheck in a few days so hopefully i'll get my hands on a Arc4+ soon. Hopefully there'll be some floaring around still. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Prolepsis

Enlightened
LEDAgent:

If you can't find any in a few days time, feel free to PM me--I have two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I bought one as a "backup," but now I have too many lights and need to sell some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

nexro

Enlightened
LEDAgent,
I just saw an Arc4+ in the B/S/T section. Very good price too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nexro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts