NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        

Thread: Lumintop FW4Avn - Almost Most Compact 18650 Powerhouse R

Default Lumintop FW4Avn - Almost Most Compact 18650 Powerhouse R

I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Default Re: Lumintop FW4Avn - Almost Most Compact 18650 Powerhouse R

Does the fw4a use the same driver? Is that a 24mm optic?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Quote Originally Posted by trailhunter View Post
    Does the fw4a use the same driver? yes Is that a 24mm optic? yes

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

W2, or W2.1?

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    And thats the reason why its great for some high performance lights. Audirl step down way too fast in most lights way before light gets too hot to hold no matter how you set it or try to fool its sensor.
    Can it possibly be ok to configure this light with all temperature controls turned Off/completely disabled?
    If yes, can this light be had with all temperature controls turned Off/disabled before shipping, so I don't have to wonder if I did it correctly? If not, can they be set before shipping so as to not overly noticeable?

One of several things that I like about the FW: Rear electronic switch. I like it a lot, in mouth hold lights.
    Think of how evil the average person is, and realize half of them are eviler than that.

Flashaholic*

Rich, So you're planning on using your tongue as a step-down (spit-out fast) temp gauge?

Btw, did Lumintop work out the bugs on tailcap switch?

Any info on the mule you can share ATT.

Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    W2, or W2.1? W2

Can it possibly be ok to configure this light with all temperature controls turned Off/completely disabled? Not that I know of
    If yes, can this light be had with all temperature controls turned Off/disabled before shipping, so I don't have to wonder if I did it correctly? If not, can they be set before shipping so as to not overly noticeable? Yes. I can set it to its max for you.

One of several things that I like about the FW: Rear electronic switch. I like it a lot, in mouth hold lights.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by CUL8R View Post
    Any info on the mule you can share ATT.
    The mule will just be like my P60vn LilV mule. I will post up a picture when I get one done.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

W2, or W2.1?

Can it possibly be ok to configure this light with all temperature controls turned Off/completely disabled?
    If yes, can this light be had with all temperature controls turned Off/disabled before shipping, so I don't have to wonder if I did it correctly? If not, can they be set before shipping so as to not overly noticeable?

I don't see the post that you quoted...
    Anyway, TK has release updated thermal code a few days ago. Might fare much better.

As to disabling thermal control, setting the temperature limit sky-high should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Agpp View Post
    I don't see the post that you quoted...
    Anyway, TK has release updated thermal code a few days ago. Might fare much better. Can you please link me to this code?

As to disabling thermal control, setting the temperature limit sky-high should do the trick.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

The official repository is on launchpad:
    https://code.launchpad.net/~toykeepe...t-firmware/fsm

There are no binaries, just source code. If you can't compile the code by yourself feel free to PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Agpp View Post
    The official repository is on launchpad:
    https://code.launchpad.net/~toykeepe...t-firmware/fsm

There are no binaries, just source code. If you can't compile the code by yourself feel free to PM me.
    I definitely don't know any thing about coding! Can you please help compile it into a Hex file for me? Thanks!
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Check your mail then.

This was a smart move by Lumitop, to increase the head size to take the 24mm optic. I'm guessing that the beam will be as good as the D4 now, plus there's a little more material there to help with heat. I'm thinking that the throw should be a little better from the FW4 vs FW3 quad but I can't be sure. I'm looking forward to seeming the output specs from this light.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    This was a smart move by Lumitop, to increase the head size to take the 24mm optic. I'm guessing that the beam will be as good as the D4 now, plus there's a little more material there to help with heat. I'm thinking that the throw should be a little better from the FW4 vs FW3 quad but I can't be sure. I'm looking forward to seeming the output specs from this light.
    Specs will be a bit more than the FW3vn Quad versions since we have full optics.
    I like this light but I know I will love the FW4Tvn will its here ;-)
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Specs will be a bit more than the FW3vn Quad versions since we have full optics.
    I like this light but I know I will love the FW4Tvn will its here ;-)
    And a bit more than the FW3vn Triple.

I have been google searching for discussion about compare XPL vs W1 vs W2 vs W2.1 vs SST20 vs etc, but I can't find the info in concise, plain discussion form that I am looking for, so just real brief: W2 versus W2.1? What's the difference?

I think this light will fit nicely in the gap between the D4V2vn quad W2 and the FW3vn triple W2.1.

And a bit more than the FW3vn Triple.

I have been google searching for discussion about compare XPL vs W1 vs W2 vs W2.1 vs SST20 vs etc, but I can't find the info in concise, plain discussion form that I am looking for, so just real brief: W2 versus W2.1? What's the difference?

I think this light will fit nicely in the gap between the D4V2vn quad W2 and the FW3vn triple W2.1.
    Rich, some of the LEDs that you mentioned are not offered with the stock FW4A. For the stock offerings:

XPL HI 1A 6500K (most output and throw) but cool tint.
    XPL HI 3D 5000K (2nd most output and throw)
    Nichia 219C 90CRI 4000K (least output and throw) I like the 4500K version
    SST20 4000K 95CRI (more output and throw than 219C) warm / best CRI

When it comes the Skylumen options, Vinh will know for sure which LED's fit which optics and MCPCB's but:

XPL HI 5000 V6? (very bright but less throw than W2)
    W2 5400K (equal or greater output to HI 5000 but way more throw) slightly cooler than HI 5000

W1 doesn't fit the old optic iirc but maybe will fit the 622/623 optic? Theoretically, it would have similar output to SST20 but the most throw of any LED.
    W2.1 also doesn't fit iirc, would have 5-10% more output and throw than W2.

Again, Vinh can advise on LED, optic and MCPCB fit, as I don't want to provide misinformation. I'm definitely going to get one of these in W2 unless W1/W1.1/W2.1 are options.

Hello Patriot, thank you for your information. I couldn’t wait for Vinhs’ answer, I went ahead and ordered the W2 a few hours after I posted.

Hello Patriot, thank you for your information. I couldn’t wait for Vinhs’ answer, I went ahead and ordered the W2 a few hours after I posted.

Nice! I will be surprised if the W2.1 works in the FW4 but yes, it would be cool! I would be ordering one too but it looks like that will have to wait. I lost my job today after 10 years due to Covid19 fears and resulting loss of business. All is good and life goes on. God doesn't give us a spirit of fear and I'm eager to see what's next! I'll be excited to hear about your FW4A, so please be sure to post about it!

Vinh, have you spec'd this light yet with W2's? I assume the W2.1 doesn't fit?? I'm curious about the throw as compared to the trimmed down optic in the FW3.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm shopping for a NSX3 credit and I've got three lights in mind, the FW4 being one of them.

Thanks buddy!

• Quad W2 5400K LED Default (Ask for other LED options)
    • Max Perf: 3850L, 52Kcd, 456m
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Very nice to see 52Kcd out of such a small quad. I'm continually impressed with these multi-emitter optic lights. The throw specs are right on the heals of single emitter, reflector lights but usually with a lot more output. The SBT-90 is breaking this rule at the moment but the multi-emitters are more efficient, especially at lower levels.

Thanks for the measurement, Vinh! It's extra work but I can't tell you how much I appreciate the data!

I just got mine a few minutes ago. The emitters are absolutely perfectly centered, providing for picture-perfect beam pattern.

Max ramp and max step were set out of the box below turbo, so I clicked four times to get into that program, and set max ramp and max step to Max.

Heat management is not obtrusive, no sign of any over zealous heat management. Photo: D4V2vn, FW4A vn, FW3a vn.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Think of how evil the average person is, and realize half of them are eviler than that.

I just got mine a few minutes ago. The emitters are absolutely perfectly centered, providing for picture-perfect beam pattern.

Max ramp and max step were set out of the box below turbo, so I clicked four times to get into that program, and set max ramp and max step to Max.

Heat management is not obtrusive, no sign of any over zealous heat management. Photo: D4V2vn, FW4A vn, FW3a vn.
    Hi Richbuff
    I’ve got enough cash together now to buy myself an edc light. Would you recommend the D4v2 or the FW4A?. I know that it can come down to the preference of side or tail switch but can’t afford both
    Last edited by Lumenwolf; 04-13-2020 at 01:49 PM.

Hi Lumenwolf,

I have both of them sitting here right now, and I like both. You are correct, side or tail electronic switch is a big difference between these two. I like the D4V2 better for hand hold, and I like the FW4A better for mouth hold.

I have been edcing both the the FW3A and the D4V2, along with a third, larger light (TM9K or NSX53 or X45) for six weeks, but now it is going to be the FW4 and D4. (along with a third larger light)

Fireclaw18 posted his detailed compare/contrast the D4 versus FW3, please see his thoughts, link: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...=1#post5308291

and then send Vinh an email and let him know what criteria are important to you, and see what he says.

Hi Lumenwolf,

I have both of them sitting here right now, and I like both. You are correct, side or tail electronic switch is a big difference between these two. I like the D4V2 better for hand hold, and I like the FW4A better for mouth hold.

I have been edcing both the the FW3A and the D4V2, along with a third, larger light (TM9K or NSX53 or X45) for six weeks, but now it is going to be the FW4 and D4. (along with a third larger light)

Fireclaw18 posted his detailed compare/contrast the D4 versus FW3, please see his thoughts, link: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...=1#post5308291

and then send Vinh an email and let him know what criteria are important to you, and see what he says.
    Thank you Richbuff that has helped me make my mind up, think it will be a D4, just not sure if aluminium or TI.
    Last edited by Lumenwolf; 04-13-2020 at 05:42 PM.