• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lumintop FW4Avn - Almost Most Compact 18650 Powerhouse R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Purchase Here

CwB5F7A.jpg

F5NyDXT.jpg

jy5gjLw.jpg

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the fw4a use the same driver? Is that a 24mm optic?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
W2, or W2.1?

And thats the reason why its great for some high performance lights. Audirl step down way too fast in most lights way before light gets too hot to hold no matter how you set it or try to fool its sensor.
Can it possibly be ok to configure this light with all temperature controls turned Off/completely disabled?
If yes, can this light be had with all temperature controls turned Off/disabled before shipping, so I don't have to wonder if I did it correctly? If not, can they be set before shipping so as to not overly noticeable?

One of several things that I like about the FW: Rear electronic switch. I like it a lot, in mouth hold lights.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rich, So you're planning on using your tongue as a step-down (spit-out fast) temp gauge?

Btw, did Lumintop work out the bugs on tailcap switch?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
W2, or W2.1? W2

Can it possibly be ok to configure this light with all temperature controls turned Off/completely disabled? Not that I know of
If yes, can this light be had with all temperature controls turned Off/disabled before shipping, so I don't have to wonder if I did it correctly? If not, can they be set before shipping so as to not overly noticeable? Yes. I can set it to its max for you.

One of several things that I like about the FW: Rear electronic switch. I like it a lot, in mouth hold lights.

Agpp

Enlightened
W2, or W2.1?

Can it possibly be ok to configure this light with all temperature controls turned Off/completely disabled?
If yes, can this light be had with all temperature controls turned Off/disabled before shipping, so I don't have to wonder if I did it correctly? If not, can they be set before shipping so as to not overly noticeable?

I don't see the post that you quoted...
Anyway, TK has release updated thermal code a few days ago. Might fare much better.

As to disabling thermal control, setting the temperature limit sky-high should do the trick.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I don't see the post that you quoted...
Anyway, TK has release updated thermal code a few days ago. Might fare much better. Can you please link me to this code?

As to disabling thermal control, setting the temperature limit sky-high should do the trick.

Patriot

Flashaholic
This was a smart move by Lumitop, to increase the head size to take the 24mm optic. I'm guessing that the beam will be as good as the D4 now, plus there's a little more material there to help with heat. I'm thinking that the throw should be a little better from the FW4 vs FW3 quad but I can't be sure. I'm looking forward to seeming the output specs from this light.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This was a smart move by Lumitop, to increase the head size to take the 24mm optic. I'm guessing that the beam will be as good as the D4 now, plus there's a little more material there to help with heat. I'm thinking that the throw should be a little better from the FW4 vs FW3 quad but I can't be sure. I'm looking forward to seeming the output specs from this light.

Specs will be a bit more than the FW3vn Quad versions since we have full optics.
I like this light but I know I will love the FW4Tvn will its here ;-)

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Specs will be a bit more than the FW3vn Quad versions since we have full optics.
I like this light but I know I will love the FW4Tvn will its here ;-)
And a bit more than the FW3vn Triple. :)

I have been google searching for discussion about compare XPL vs W1 vs W2 vs W2.1 vs SST20 vs etc, but I can't find the info in concise, plain discussion form that I am looking for, so just real brief: W2 versus W2.1? What's the difference?

I think this light will fit nicely in the gap between the D4V2vn quad W2 and the FW3vn triple W2.1.

Patriot

Flashaholic
And a bit more than the FW3vn Triple. :)

I have been google searching for discussion about compare XPL vs W1 vs W2 vs W2.1 vs SST20 vs etc, but I can't find the info in concise, plain discussion form that I am looking for, so just real brief: W2 versus W2.1? What's the difference?

I think this light will fit nicely in the gap between the D4V2vn quad W2 and the FW3vn triple W2.1.

Rich, some of the LEDs that you mentioned are not offered with the stock FW4A. For the stock offerings:

XPL HI 1A 6500K (most output and throw) but cool tint.
XPL HI 3D 5000K (2nd most output and throw)
Nichia 219C 90CRI 4000K (least output and throw) I like the 4500K version
SST20 4000K 95CRI (more output and throw than 219C) warm / best CRI

When it comes the Skylumen options, Vinh will know for sure which LED's fit which optics and MCPCB's but:

XPL HI 5000 V6? (very bright but less throw than W2)
W2 5400K (equal or greater output to HI 5000 but way more throw) slightly cooler than HI 5000

W1 doesn't fit the old optic iirc but maybe will fit the 622/623 optic? Theoretically, it would have similar output to SST20 but the most throw of any LED.
W2.1 also doesn't fit iirc, would have 5-10% more output and throw than W2.

Again, Vinh can advise on LED, optic and MCPCB fit, as I don't want to provide misinformation. I'm definitely going to get one of these in W2 unless W1/W1.1/W2.1 are options.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Patriot, thank you for your information. I couldn't wait for Vinhs' answer, I went ahead and ordered the W2 a few hours after I posted. :)

Patriot

Flashaholic
Hello Patriot, thank you for your information. I couldn't wait for Vinhs' answer, I went ahead and ordered the W2 a few hours after I posted. :)

Nice! I will be surprised if the W2.1 works in the FW4 but yes, it would be cool! I would be ordering one too but it looks like that will have to wait. I lost my job today after 10 years due to Covid19 fears and resulting loss of business. All is good and life goes on. God doesn't give us a spirit of fear and I'm eager to see what's next! :) I'll be excited to hear about your FW4A, so please be sure to post about it!

Patriot

Flashaholic
Vinh, have you spec'd this light yet with W2's? I assume the W2.1 doesn't fit?? I'm curious about the throw as compared to the trimmed down optic in the FW3.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm shopping for a NSX3 credit and I've got three lights in mind, the FW4 being one of them.

Thanks buddy! :)