Streamlight Bi-pin 3 volt bulbs?

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any discontinued Streamlight bi-pin (T1.5 base) bulbs that will run on 3 volts? Thanks!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Streamlight used to make a light called PocketMate that used minimag style bulbs. The Streamlight Jr may have used bulbs with more spread like those from the Strion but I've never owned one of those.
Oh yeah, that's right the Strion was 3 volts. I think there was a 2x aa twin task at one point as well.
Battery Junction has 3.6 volt twin task bulbs in stock.
https://www.batteryjunction.com/streamlight-51103-twin-task-3aa-xenon-replacement-bulb.html

bykfixer

Flashaholic

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
bykfixer, I was looking for a 3v bulb that I could use in a Strion bulb adapter in an A2. It's kind of a long story, but I'm trying to put together a different configuration for that light, and, after emailing with Tad of Tad Customs, it would appear that his upcoming 3v bulb will not be coming to fruition.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking for a 3v bulb that I could use in a Strion bulb adapter in an A2.

Normally, 3 volt bulb referes to a bulb working straight with two nominally, 1.5 volt alkalines.
An A2 regulates any battery voltage from 4 to 8 volt to fixed 4 volts. Strion 3.7V bulb is slightly overdriven in A2 and works fine with bright and white output.
If your plan is to use in different flashlight with different batteries, then better to find correct way to power up the bulb.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fivemega, thank you for weighing in again. I am having a 1xCR123a extension made for the A2. No, I will not be using it with 3xCR123a. My intention was to try using it with 2xAA NiMH cells with a strion adapter and a twin-task 2D bulb. I do not know if that will work or not for the bulb, but I wanted to try it. Below 4v, would the bulb be running on direct drive? If that is a complete fail, then I can use it with either 2x14500 3.6v 1000 mAh Li-ion cells (a little better runtime than 2x16340) on Strion bulbs, or 2x14505 primary cells.

And if the Streamlight 51101 bulbs just aren't going to work here, then I can always use them in your Fivemega D26 socket/reflector in your FM 2xAA body (C head), where they should be slightly brighter than a Surefire R30 lamp assembly. To quote Hickok45, life is good.

Last edited:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
My intention was to try using it with 2xAA NiMH cells with a strion adapter and a twin-task 2D bulb.
A2 will work with anything from 4 to 8 volts. It will not work with any voltage under 4V. So forget about 2 or 3 NiMH
It doesn't even work properly with single 16650. It works for few minutes and quickly voltage drop to under 4 volt then main lamp stop working.
If pair of 17500 fit in A2 with 1xCR123a extension, Strion bulb will be brightest option.
If decided to go with lower output, Streamlight Twin Task 3AA or Streamlight Twin Task 3C bulb will work.