HDS Systems        

Thread: Streamlight Bi-pin 3 volt bulbs?

Default Streamlight Bi-pin 3 volt bulbs?

Are there any discontinued Streamlight bi-pin (T1.5 base) bulbs that will run on 3 volts? Thanks!

Default Re: Streamlight Bi-pin 3 volt bulbs?

Streamlight used to make a light called PocketMate that used minimag style bulbs. The Streamlight Jr may have used bulbs with more spread like those from the Strion but I've never owned one of those.
    Oh yeah, that's right the Strion was 3 volts. I think there was a 2x aa twin task at one point as well.
    Battery Junction has 3.6 volt twin task bulbs in stock.
    https://www.batteryjunction.com/stre...ment-bulb.html
    John 3:16

Thank you, Bykfixer.

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Are there any discontinued Streamlight bi-pin (T1.5 base) bulbs that will run on 3 volts? Thanks!
    Streamlight makes 2D twin task with single Xenon nominal 3 volt and 10 LEDs.

They also have
    1xCR123A version with Xenon nominal 3 volt and 3 LEDs.

They have 3AA and 3C versions too but nominal voltage is 4.5 volt.
    Last edited by fivemega; 03-26-2020 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Added information

Thank you, Fivemega.

What light are you wanting to use them in Novice?
    Brinkmann and Maglite also made some bulbs and one called Lamptronix made some pretty durable ones for F-14 fighter dashboards. That one is a 3 volt bulb I use in a Brinkmann 3x aaa minimag clone.
    Here's a thread about those.
    https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?428208-Lamptronix-(Mini-Mag-LM2A001)-replacement-bipin-lamps

bykfixer, I was looking for a 3v bulb that I could use in a Strion bulb adapter in an A2. It's kind of a long story, but I'm trying to put together a different configuration for that light, and, after emailing with Tad of Tad Customs, it would appear that his upcoming 3v bulb will not be coming to fruition.

I was afraid Tad had not gone forward with it.

A Strion bulb should do the trick.

Strion adapter in an A2 sounds pretty cool.

I was looking for a 3v bulb that I could use in a Strion bulb adapter in an A2.
    Normally, 3 volt bulb referes to a bulb working straight with two nominally, 1.5 volt alkalines.
    An A2 regulates any battery voltage from 4 to 8 volt to fixed 4 volts. Strion 3.7V bulb is slightly overdriven in A2 and works fine with bright and white output.
    If your plan is to use in different flashlight with different batteries, then better to find correct way to power up the bulb.

Fivemega, thank you for weighing in again. I am having a 1xCR123a extension made for the A2. No, I will not be using it with 3xCR123a. My intention was to try using it with 2xAA NiMH cells with a strion adapter and a twin-task 2D bulb. I do not know if that will work or not for the bulb, but I wanted to try it. Below 4v, would the bulb be running on direct drive? If that is a complete fail, then I can use it with either 2x14500 3.6v 1000 mAh Li-ion cells (a little better runtime than 2x16340) on Strion bulbs, or 2x14505 primary cells.

And if the Streamlight 51101 bulbs just aren't going to work here, then I can always use them in your Fivemega D26 socket/reflector in your FM 2xAA body (C head), where they should be slightly brighter than a Surefire R30 lamp assembly. To quote Hickok45, life is good.
    Last edited by novice; 03-27-2020 at 10:30 PM.

My intention was to try using it with 2xAA NiMH cells with a strion adapter and a twin-task 2D bulb.
    A2 will work with anything from 4 to 8 volts. It will not work with any voltage under 4V. So forget about 2 or 3 NiMH
    It doesn't even work properly with single 16650. It works for few minutes and quickly voltage drop to under 4 volt then main lamp stop working.
    If pair of 17500 fit in A2 with 1xCR123a extension, Strion bulb will be brightest option.
    If decided to go with lower output, Streamlight Twin Task 3AA or Streamlight Twin Task 3C bulb will work.