Streamlight's 3C Tasklight

Charlie Fox

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight\'s 3C Tasklight

I'm looking at one of these to replace my 3C Maglight. Unfortunately I haven't found one locally I can play with. Can anyone give me some insight on this light? I'll be using mostly for security work. Thanks!

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Streamlight\'s 3C Tasklight

It's a fine light. The 3C SL is not as focused as a 3 cell Mag Lite, but puts out more overall light (lumens).

The 3/6 LEDs give you a low/medium light option that greatly extends the overall run time. Makes a pretty good head whacker too.

You do have to cycle through the "modes", but it very quickly becomes natural. It goes 3 LEDs, 6 LEDs, Xenon, Off.

A MOST versatile light. You can find it here:

http://www.brightguy.com/detail_int.html?cart=1080084728427578&sku=STR51002

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

It won't be apparently brighter than a 3C M*g. It doesn't focus very tight is the most reason.

The 2-step LED modes (3 or 6) are very nice for up close work. You can walk along using 6 LEDs and one click gets you to Xenon (which will look quite yellow until your eyes adjust!)

Of course to go from off to Xenon is 3 clicks. It is different from the other TTs in that it goes 3LED, 6LED, Xenon, off. The others go LED, off, Xenon, off.

I tried mine in my attic along with some other lights. It just did well enough, but others kicked it's A$$.

Look in the reviews forum. Do a search. There is tons of info on this website!!!

Topper

Flashaholic*

Hi Charlie, I would not recommend it for that; due to the switch on it.
First click 3 low LED's
Second click all six LED's
Third click incandescent that has some throw. In some circumstances each
Mode is useful however in security situations I would not want to stand around clicking
Away trying to get the light where I want it. That's Four clicks just to turn it back off!
I have two of them as I like them but IMHO not for Security.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

Yeah! What fivemega said!

With the SL3CXP you can have the LEDs on, and with just a push of the other switch you have a bright Xenon.

It has a mighty tight Xenon beam, and I wish the LEDs were a little bit brighter...

But it would make you a better security light by far!

(might not wack heads as good....)

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

Look in the Run-Time sticky's in the Reviews Forum for the runtime plots I did on the SL TT-3C.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

CharlieFox,

I have a TT3C, if you want a chance to look at one or play with one, I'm willing to ship mine over for you if you don't/can't find one close by.

I personally don't feel it is the best tactical light out there. If you are convinced you want an LED then I would look for a SpaceNeedleII with the extender on it.

Users Rechargeable AA's OR CR123's. Awesome, blow you away light, but you'd have to talk MrBulk into building you one and then find the extender.

I personally am much happier with my Surefire A2 for tactical use than my TT3C, but the 3C WILL run seemingly forever! Even the A2 isn't as bright as I want for a true tactical light.

My 2 cents!

Bill

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree with what the others have said.

I have one and for your intended use, I don't think it would be the best. You might consider carrying it's little brother the TT 2L (which is a great littel light) as a backup for something like one of the brighter rechargable Streamlight Stingers.

GregR

Charlie Fox

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for all the input!

I've used a 2 or 3 C-cell Maglite for most of my years in the Fire Service and security work. The size is just about right for being unobtrusive, easy to carry, good light throw, and it does make an acceptable cosh/control device.

I was looking at the TT 3C as a possible replacement because, well, the gadget factor is high! Also the price is OK...I wouldn't be too put out if I lost or broke it. I do have other lights(Mag Rechargable, Surefire 6P, regular Mag)but I keep coming back to the 2-3C size.

Thanks again...I learn more everyday from this place!

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

Best Gadget Going, (at least until the VIP is done) is MrBulks SpaceNeedleII, 2C size Mag Body with either 3 C123's in that size body, or with the extension you can use either cheap alkaline AA's or Rechargeable AA's.

With the extension it makes an incredible control tool.

If you want pics to compare the three, I can email them to you. (I can't figure out how to get them to post here!)

Bill