THE DESSERT THREAD! Ice Cream, Milk Shakes, Cake, Pies, Pudding, Doughnuts and Candy!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The dessert thread: sponsored by the American Dental Association.

I have eaten more chocolate cake since this stupid virus panic began in mid March than I had in the last few years all combined. Three total. I don't typically eat much cake.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Never had much of a sweet tooth, but I remember when you could get either a "malt" or a "shake" at a soda shop.

Malts were my favorite.

Oh, and penny candy, back when it cost a penny (lol)

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dessert is pickled jalapeños because I don't really eat dessert and the jalapeños cool down the reaper peppers. [emoji16]

bykfixer

Flashaholic
When I stopped drinking, if there was an event that would have resulted in a drinking binge I would have a chocolate milkshake. Haven't "needed" a milkshake in years but do occasionally have one while my friends have a beer or a cocktail.

harro

Enlightened
Never had much of a sweet tooth, but I remember when you could get either a "malt" or a "shake" at a soda shop.

Malts were my favorite.

Oh, and penny candy, back when it cost a penny (lol)

We had a few of those shops in town when I was younger ( multiple decades ago ). The tiled floors, booths, battered metal mixing mug and the tall glass. The smell of malted shakes and flavour. Several pinball machines and a jukebox. They seemingly just disappeared overnight ( well..... ). Parents going crook at me if I dared spend my weekly allowance on a milkshake.

:)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Fixer,

Do you make them your self?

I have before yes, with vanilla ice cream and whatever I wanted to add like peanut butter softened in the microwave or just an instant diabetic amount of chocolate syrup with a bit of whipped cream topper. A cake mixer with one beater in a ceramic travel size coffee cup works.

But mostly I just get them at a restaraunt.

When I had some teeth pulled the stitches made it so everything I ate was from a spoon for a few days. A ninja food chopper was the shizel. Great for healthy smoothies like blueberries, apples, whatever. But when I was living off of spoon fed meals, it was either eat baby food every meal or……want a cheesburger and fries? Ninja that sucker. Mmm, I'd sure like some Fritos. No sweat. Only thing I did not chop up was seafood because I was saving that for when I could eat whole food again. I think I want a sausage biscuit this morning. Zzzzzt with the Ninja for 3 seconds…… Done. My family would laugh at the things I ate but when I offered to share you'd think I was offering them toasted turd. No takers, but I ate what I wanted minus bacon. I was afraid bacon would get in the wounds and cause issues.

I suppose that thing could make a milkshake too.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I make mine in a blender.

1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup of extra rich whipping cream
1 scoop chocolate ice cream
1 scoop Vanilla ice cream
chocolate syrup - as you like
1 Milky Way candy bar - or any candy bar you like, snickers, peanut butter cups

blend to desired thickness

###

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Another one I make is:

1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups of orange juice
1/4 cup of extra rich whipping cream
1 scoop vanilla ice cream
1 whole banana
Few drops of vanilla extract (Or forget the vanilla extract, and add Vodka)

Blend to desired thickness

###

Latest posts