Malkoff        

Thread: THE DESSERT THREAD! Ice Cream, Milk Shakes, Cake, Pies, Pudding, Doughnuts and Candy!

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Default THE DESSERT THREAD! Ice Cream, Milk Shakes, Cake, Pies, Pudding, Doughnuts and Candy!

RedLED's dessert, and sweets thread! I always say "I have come to the right place" so let's hear what the flashlight community has to say!
    Last edited by RedLED; 03-26-2020 at 10:13 PM.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Enlightened
    s, p, d & f orbitals.. somewhere in the Rockies

Default Re: THE DESSERT THREAD! Ice Cream, Milk Shakes, Cake, Pies, Pudding, Doughnuts and Ca

Hard to beat a good homemade pecan pie and sweet potato pie like my great aunt used to make. Add a good cup of coffee and it’s heavenly.

Default Re: THE DESSERT THREAD! Ice Cream, Milk Shakes, Cake, Pies, Pudding, Doughnuts and Ca

The dessert thread: sponsored by the American Dental Association.

I have eaten more chocolate cake since this stupid virus panic began in mid March than I had in the last few years all combined. Three total. I don't typically eat much cake.
    John 3:16

Coffee ice cream, coffee ice cream, and more coffee ice cream.

Homemade peach pie during the summer.

Flashaholic

Rockin Hockin Shake, Diesel.or Dusted sundae from Lofty Pursuits in Tallahassee. Only desserts I buy instead of making myself.

http://www.loftypursuits.com/Ice_cream_menu

One other exception is the pecan pie cobbler at a local bbq joint.

Hmmm, putting weight on just thinking about this thread. For me, cheesecake flavoured ice-cream. What to top it with?? More cheesecake flavoured ice-cream!!

Never had much of a sweet tooth, but I remember when you could get either a "malt" or a "shake" at a soda shop.

Malts were my favorite.

Oh, and penny candy, back when it cost a penny (lol)
    ... is the archimedes peak

Flashaholic*

My dessert is pickled jalapeños because I don’t really eat dessert and the jalapeños cool down the reaper peppers.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

When I stopped drinking, if there was an event that would have resulted in a drinking binge I would have a chocolate milkshake. Haven't "needed" a milkshake in years but do occasionally have one while my friends have a beer or a cocktail.

Fixer,

Do you make them your self?

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Never had much of a sweet tooth, but I remember when you could get either a "malt" or a "shake" at a soda shop.

Malts were my favorite.

Oh, and penny candy, back when it cost a penny (lol)
    We had a few of those shops in town when I was younger ( multiple decades ago ). The tiled floors, booths, battered metal mixing mug and the tall glass. The smell of malted shakes and flavour. Several pinball machines and a jukebox. They seemingly just disappeared overnight ( well..... ). Parents going crook at me if I dared spend my weekly allowance on a milkshake.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLED View Post
    Fixer,

Do you make them your self?
    I have before yes, with vanilla ice cream and whatever I wanted to add like peanut butter softened in the microwave or just an instant diabetic amount of chocolate syrup with a bit of whipped cream topper. A cake mixer with one beater in a ceramic travel size coffee cup works.

But mostly I just get them at a restaraunt.

When I had some teeth pulled the stitches made it so everything I ate was from a spoon for a few days. A ninja food chopper was the shizel. Great for healthy smoothies like blueberries, apples, whatever. But when I was living off of spoon fed meals, it was either eat baby food every meal or……want a cheesburger and fries? Ninja that sucker. Mmm, I'd sure like some Fritos. No sweat. Only thing I did not chop up was seafood because I was saving that for when I could eat whole food again. I think I want a sausage biscuit this morning. Zzzzzt with the Ninja for 3 seconds…… Done. My family would laugh at the things I ate but when I offered to share you'd think I was offering them toasted turd. No takers, but I ate what I wanted minus bacon. I was afraid bacon would get in the wounds and cause issues.

I suppose that thing could make a milkshake too.

I make mine in a blender.

1 1/2 cups milk
    1/4 cup of extra rich whipping cream
    1 scoop chocolate ice cream
    1 scoop Vanilla ice cream
    chocolate syrup - as you like
    1 Milky Way candy bar - or any candy bar you like, snickers, peanut butter cups

blend to desired thickness

###
    Last edited by RedLED; 03-29-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Another one I make is:

1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups of orange juice
    1/4 cup of extra rich whipping cream
    1 scoop vanilla ice cream
    1 whole banana
    Few drops of vanilla extract (Or forget the vanilla extract, and add Vodka)

Blend to desired thickness

###