AN14

stephenanderson2

Newly Enlightened
Will the AN14 turn my g2 into a g3 able to use the p90 and p91s? Also is there anyone making a luxeon mod to fit the g2? I like it's light tough body, and would like to carry it as a backup EDC if it was LED. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*
I think you would need to add a spacer in the mix about half a batteries length not sure if the lens would melt or not.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
The AN14 is an adapter for the G2 that extends the body so that the B65 fits inside.

The A19 is an adapter that extends the body so that another SF123A fits inside.

As you can see:
SureFire%20Nitrolons%2064.jpg

The G2R (flashlight in the centre) has the AN14 attached.
Above is the 8NX and below is the G2.

This photo shows a G2 with Z49 Clickie TailCap, and another G2 with an A19 body extender and KT2-BK TurboHead.
SureFire%20G2-old%20A19-KT2%2064.jpg

And on a G2-YL:
SureFire%20G2-YL%20A19%20KT2%2064.jpg

If you use an A19 to extend a G2 to fit a third SF123A, you will need the P90 or P91 Lamp Assemblies for this 9V combination. The heat produced by these lamps may damage your G2 Lens if used for prolonged constant-on.
The G2Z bezel has a Pyrex lens and can be used instead:
SureFire%20G2s%20with%20G2Z%20Bezels%2064.jpg

I personally prefer the TurboHead options for 9V combinations (G2+A19).

Al

stephenanderson2

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if you were going to answer this one...Thanks Al, but I don't like the look of the nitrolon and aluminum together. maybe I'll go rechargeable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif . I wonder what my wife is going to think when I get MORE flashlight parts in the mail... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif
Okay, I've edited this post as I'm an idiot..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yeah, the B65 in the G2R powers the P60. The P61 can be used but the runtime is short and the output not as impressive as with fresh SF123As.

Al

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Resurrecting old thread because I am putting together the same light. I will be ultimately gifting a yellow nitrolon G2 w/ 2xAN14 yellow nitrolon extenders, AA battery sleeves and a spacer, probably a nylon holster. I want to include some lamps for different setups, a P60 for 2xCR123A, a G30 for 2xAA... but what I am not sure of is if there is an ideal lamp dropin choice for 3xAA (assume NiMH).

Is there a better match for 3xAA (or 1x16650) than P60? Thanks.

Also I am curious if a yellow nitrolon AN19 ever existed.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Resurrecting old thread because I am putting together the same light....

Honestly, when you find a topic that has been dead for basically 15 years.... Feel free to go ahead and make a new topic instead of resurrecting one THAT old. The ones who can best help you because they were around when this topic was made, will just assume someone foolishly brought it back to life without checking the date stamp. Causing them to most likely click off, and not even bother reading the new post.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Check out this thread from '09, might give a couple of ideas. Nice to have the pics still up.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?229634-Surefire-G2-w-2x17670!!!

Resurrecting old thread because I am putting together the same light. I will be ultimately gifting a yellow nitrolon G2 w/ 2xAN14 yellow nitrolon extenders, AA battery sleeves and a spacer, probably a nylon holster. I want to include some lamps for different setups, a P60 for 2xCR123A, a G30 for 2xAA... but what I am not sure of is if there is an ideal lamp dropin choice for 3xAA (assume NiMH).

Is there a better match for 3xAA (or 1x16650) than P60? Thanks.

Also I am curious if a yellow nitrolon AN19 ever existed.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Last edited: