White LED light quality

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Has anybody found a bright white LED with light quality appearantly similar to the incandescent? Which one?
Regards,

WarrenI

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to the group! There's a lot of great stuff out here! As for your question, LED lights put out a different type of beam than traditional wire burning bulbs. In fact, I think it is much more usable at under 50 feet for the brightest and under 10 feet for the pocket models.

For some bathroom reading on this, you may check out my previous posting on this board on the forum "New Stuff" and at the topic in this forum "Trek 1900 Vs. LIGHTWAVE 4000". As these are just my opinions and observations, I hope it gives you an idea of "why should I own a LED light". I personally love the white (a little blue in the center) version of the LEDs. Check out the excitement of the birth of the Arc-LS (a little to expensive for me), but what a crowd pleaser. Happy hunting...

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Incandescent bulbs actually put out a very yellow light compared to natural (sun) light. For the most part our eyes adjust to it and we don't notice it much. Look at a photo taken indoors, at night, with no flash and you'll see just how yellow it is.

White LEDs produce a more white light, probably a lot closer to natural light than an incandescent. They aren't perfect, for sure, as many do have a bluish tint to them.

Finally, are you looking for a recommendation for a raw LED or an LED flashlight?