XHP-70 Dragon reviews?

eginder

Newly Enlightened
Greetings! New to the forum and love it so far.

I'm really interested in the XHP-70 Dragon. Are there any reviews of it?

I've searched the forums, You Tube, Google, etc., and found nothing. I can't believe nobody has reviewed this cool-looking torch.

ERG

Bazar

Newly Enlightened
if you can't find reviews for it it is unlikely to be a great light or is from a company with zero foothold in the industry. or it doesn't exist and like the gold folding Samsung fold phone you might not ever get what you order.

kevinm

Enlightened
Hey ERG! I don't have an XHP-70 Dragon. I do have a Nano-Lux (so opposite end of the spectrum, size wise). The machining is as good or better than the other custom lights I own (Ben Frelux's or Jordy at Focus Works). I think the old ARC lights and the MJP lights were machined by TnC, and some others, too. Really, just amazing high end work.

All the TnC stuff kinda flies under the radar; finding reviews of any of it is hard. That written, most of the guys I know who own a bunch of customs speak highly of TnC. Hope it helps!

kevinm

Enlightened
Bazar, I strongly disagree. I've found only a few reviews of some of the best custom lights out there. They real problem is that Chris makes few, and distributes them only through Bob (both great guys, incidentally). Also, they are spendy compared to Emisar or Fenix or any production light. They are functional art, but like most art, kind of rare.

Father Azmodius

Enlightened
Chris does top notch work. I have no complaints with any of them, and I have thousands of dollars worth of his work.

As far as the review, are you talking about the 15270 mule, or 26650? I have both.

eginder

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback! I agree with Kevinm and Father; TnG's machining looks really good. I've seen some of their larger torches and they look like jewelry.

Father, I'm referring to the torch that uses two 15270's. I think. I'm a bit new to flashlight addiction. Mainly into Surefires (I know...) Elzetta, etc., but now discovering some of these really cool esoteric builders. Anyway, here is the link to the Extreme Micro website for torch I'm trying to find out more about:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://em-mgt.com/newsite/product/extreme-micro-dragon-xhp-70-black-electroless-nickel/
[/FONT]
ERG

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you can't find reviews for it it is unlikely to be a great light or is from a company with zero foothold in the industry. or it doesn't exist and like the gold folding Samsung fold phone you might not ever get what you order.

You should not post about things you don't know anything about! :tsk:
Chris, is a very well known and respected member here and his work is top notch!

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have XHP70 Dragon and i freakin love it! Machining and functionality are top notch. But i couldn't resist 2 weeks ago and i had to convert it to modern super thrower.
SBT90.2 and Lexel 22mm pimped driver to run this beast hard.
Not much tosay except, GET IT if you can. One of the best customs out there.
60a4a2673108123a550119cd329c37f3.jpg

4a1bb749d322f7cd6beb4106f2b6e44b.jpg

29df605a40735435983c9f79e2e320ab.jpg

6825512e2c74df18bf3d6f64200f1cc6.jpg

Father Azmodius

Enlightened
The 2x15270 dragon is a mule, so an area light. It's stupid bright in short bursts due to the battery capacity. It's frequently one of my pocket lights. Given the extra step(s) Chris takes on his threads a well lubed head, and the extra length of a 2 cell body, it is easily manipulated with one hand. My only wish would be that it be in copper, or Mokume....just because those are my preferred metals.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast

You're comparing apples and oranges. Especially with custom flashlights, there's often very little info/reviews to go off of because they have niche appeal. Mainstream lights from mainstream manufacturers tend to get more attention. That's just the nature of the game.

To OP, TnC makes good stuff. They're a bit backwards tech-wise, but the machining on their lights is very good. They're underrated because they have zero social media or marketing presence other than on here.

Latest posts