219b vs 219c

LogicalBeard

Newly Enlightened
In a current regulated light, such as the Aeon Mk III S2, that has a 219c emitter, what would happen if I swapped it out for a 219b? Would it be dimmer but keep the same runtimes? How much dimmer? 20%? Would high mode (160 lumens) be the only mode affected? I realize the algorithmically way our eyes perceive light would make a 20% change in brightness moot. Thanks for anyone that takes the time to explain this to me.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
219b are less efficient and run hotter at the cost of a more pleasant tint. I've replaced all my 219c lights with 219b

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. So same brightness but less runtimes?
Yeah, I cant give you numbers but it is performance impacting. Regarding runtime, sure you may see the effect on maybe a 14500 battery but larger batteries you probably won't even notice it.

LogicalBeard

Newly Enlightened
Hey, thanks again. I hear the word efficiency and I never knew what that really translated to. I thought less efficient usually meant a higher forward voltage and thus used more current but I wasn't sure what that changed for runtimes or brightness. I appreciate you explaining that.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, thanks again. I hear the word efficiency and I never knew what that really translated to. I thought less efficient usually meant a higher forward voltage and thus used more current but I wasn't sure what that changed for runtimes or brightness. I appreciate you explaining that.
Np, imo its worth it.

jrgold

Enlightened
I like them both, but 219b is my favorite. I have an rot66 that has some rosiness at lower levels and I don't mind it at all. On higher levels it has a mix of clarity and warmth that I really like. My malkoff 219b's are very neutral, almost snow white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 219b is less efficient in both that it is lower output overall and it generates more heat.

219c is brighter but still generates a lot of heat.

I think the 219c gets a bit too much criticism and most of the 219cs I have are very neutral or only slightly green, which I prefer over super magenta tints like the 219b sw45k.

219bs are stellar, excellent for neutral and warmer k temps when you dont need crazy output. Otherwise the 219c is superior.