SLN Amber-worth its own thread

daffy

Enlightened
Got it today with the twist head and Quad amber setup, Vinh you were correct as usual its a superb beam and an awesome color
I like how the twisty cap shortens the light, the quad amber setup pulls some amps it gets warm quite fast.
Should be the perfect light for my nightly jaunts with/without the hounds
Crappy IPhone X white wall shot on 10-8-1=10%.
Couldnt be happier with the light
5TlyF6v.jpg

daffy

Enlightened
Night shot no insects, the light sure warms up quick now i could hardly get the blue triple warm
Looks red but most definitely its amber, light body right next to IPhone hence noise (taken with both devices in hand
JzMvTJf.jpg

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
This is neat, I rarely get to see colored beamshots, and I like things that are different. I have a few red, low powered navigation lights for preserving night vision and reduced light signatures, but I've not tried amber before. What are it's benefits/purposes?

daffy

Enlightened
This is neat, I rarely get to see colored beamshots, and I like things that are different. I have a few red, low powered navigation lights for preserving night vision and reduced light signatures, but I've not tried amber before. What are it's benefits/purposes?
Little to no insects is one, not quite as bright as green (already have 2 lights with green filters). Amber can penetrate through low visibilty condtions eg. fog lights are yellow looking, or the traffic warning signal lights road workers often use) plus many other situation
But I'm like you i like variety in my lights and not always white, and yellow is my favourite colour.
Trits on order.

Last edited:

daffy

Enlightened
I have 2 CWF lights that I'm currently waiting on, tracking has stopped...cost me a small fortune i hope they arrive.
I finally got all my compensation payments but i think i picked a bad time to buy.
Though my SLN got back fine, got my Malkoff as well and the Olight from Vinh has reached Sydney, buggered if i know why the CWF ones are stuck

Last edited: