Surefire L1 6th gen - positive spring

pulstar

Enlightened
Hey guys,

i noticed that positive contact spring inside my 6th gen SF L1 seems to be a bit corroded. Since the positive battery contact is enclosed in some kind of plastic retainer which closes the body, i wonder, how to remove that piece in order to replace the spring?

Stay safe and healthy!

P

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you upload a pic?

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey hey,

L1 gen6 is my EDC. Love it. It's been in my pocket for 9 years solid, never missed a beat.

Unscrew the head and look into the body. There are little plastic clips on the plastic driver piece that hold it into the body like little fingers. Mine started rattling one day and I realized it was one of those little fingers snapped off. The light still worked fine. You'll have to weasel those out of the way to remove the driver piece. Once you get that out, you can address the spring. Don't sweat it if the little clips break off when you get that piece out. It's in there pretty solidly when you screw the head back on.

pulstar

Enlightened
Hey hey,

L1 gen6 is my EDC. Love it. It's been in my pocket for 9 years solid, never missed a beat.

Unscrew the head and look into the body. There are little plastic clips on the plastic driver piece that hold it into the body like little fingers. Mine started rattling one day and I realized it was one of those little fingers snapped off. The light still worked fine. You'll have to weasel those out of the way to remove the driver piece. Once you get that out, you can address the spring. Don't sweat it if the little clips break off when you get that piece out. It's in there pretty solidly when you screw the head back on.

Thank you, will try it today! Yea, L1 and LX2 are my two favorite lights. I modded both with XP-G2 NW leds and are my go-to lights.