Can anyone identify this wine label?

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found a bottle at work. Has a little angry yellow bird sitting on barbed wire. Guessing it's a wine bottle but could be a malt liquor maybe??

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1585585083.369340.jpg
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1585585096.741294.jpg

I wear a 13/14 shoe

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found a bottle at work. Has a little angry yellow bird sitting on barbed wire. Guessing it's a wine bottle but could be a malt liquor maybe??
Picture? You can use vivino app, take a picture of it and it will recognize it for you.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cant identify it, looks like a very old bottle maybe from the 60s-70s?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious honestly. It's older than me, it's blue green glass, looks cool and I've never seen that label before.

Empath

Flashaholic
Just a reminder......
We don't bump in the Cafe. Threads live or die on their own.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The total photo is too blurry to ID the era it was produced.

The label appears it was likely a local brew from an era gone by. Perhaps it was a product from a local still of "non authorized" liquor but in a nice packaging instead of a jar. The barb wire causes me to think what ever was in it had a bite. All speculation on my part.

If there are bubbles in the glass that makes it likely Pre-WW2. If the seam along the side stops before the top it was a 2 piece process where the top portion was added to the bottle portion. If I recall correct that was no longer normal production by the late 1950's. By the 60's bottles were all produced in one monolithic piece.

If there was no seam at all that would be a blown bottle. Later some were blown into molds. Some really high end liquors still are. But a seam is seen in the top photo.

From what I see in the photo my guess would be a small winery that placed a (long gone) paper label over the long portion of the bottle. From what I can tell in the top photo I'd say the bottle itself was produced in the 1960's or later.

https://sha.org/bottle/dating.htm

Here's one site that may help date the bottle itself.