What would be a good Pelican Case to house my (custom) light collection?

Mr.Official

Newly Enlightened
I have recently gotten into the world of Custom flashlights, and just as with my knife collection the price points of these units for me dictates that they be kept safe and in good condition, that said I've been looking for the right pelican case to house my lights, & as I have a few 18650 units which we know are bit bigger than your general RCR123 lights, I want something that can store multiple 18650's, 16650's & RCR123 sized units without issue, but is also of relatively easy size to transport if needed.

I've been looking into 1495 briefcase style models, As they seem to be a good fit for most lights if stored lying down rather than oriented in a standing position. Wile this would minimize the number of units I'm able to store in the case it will be used specifically for my Custom lights, not production units, so it will take a wile to fill even one of these cases. I only have three custom lights currently, but leaving them exposed even inside my home feels like nails on a chalkboard every time I leave. I was wondering if anyone had a better suggestion to maximize space and efficiency in storage as opposed to the 1495.
If I could find a case model wherein I could store my larger 18650 lights in a standing orientation rather than lying down to capitalize on space I'd be very thankful, As Pelican cases don't come at a cheap price themselves I have to be careful with my budget considering the expense of my/ our hobbies, lol. Custom Knives & flashlights tend to run in the same arena as my Gun collection as far as price point as I'm sure most of us on here are aware. It's always nice to know such investments are protected to the best of our abilities, am I right?

Thank you all who have taken the time to read through my little splurge, I really appreciate your time and consideration.

Again, any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just send me all your lights and I'll keep them safe for you. [emoji16] I use a pelican 1695 not for flashlights. But it's a good size case.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I would be scared to death to put all my lights in a very easily carried case that someone could run off with if my house was broken into. Mind you they'd have to get past 3 Great Danes 😁

jrgold

Enlightened
I've been happy with my Apache series cases from harbor freight tools, very economical option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been happy with my Apache series cases from harbor freight tools, very economical option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man they are built like tanks aren't they. Awesome rifle cases as well.

OP if you insist on pelican buy one of the larger cases and also get the pick and pull foam that you can cut for custom item storage.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Mr. Official,

The exact pelican case for you would be the one that your collection actually fits in, with a little room for expansion!

Sorry, I could not resist...

When the Great Ression shut almost all of the camera stores, I cleaned out one store of a sizable amount of pelican cases.

I do use one to store many of my lights, however, Plano makes some very nice cases at a fraction of the cost. I always advise that if you are going to travel, a Pelican case is wonderful, if not Don't waste money for the tough nature of the Pelican.

Check the Plano line.

Best of luck,

RedLED

Last edited:

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got carried away on Pelican cases over the years. They are all great for knives, lights and guns. My suggestion would be start with the 1400 or 1500 series. Pelican cases are heavy but these are a manageable size. I have some large ones but, to be honest, when you load them up they are just too heavy!

And ,last but not least, you mention the 1495. It happens to be the most recent case I bought! And I wish I bought it a long time ago...... seems like the perfect case for lights and knives. I'm thinking of putting both in it. Check out B&H for dals on Pelican cases. Sometimes they have "deals of the day" and they are a bargain. :thumbsup:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be scared to death to put all my lights in a very easily carried case that someone could run off with if my house was broken into. Mind you they'd have to get past 3 Great Danes 
The advantage of a briefcase style is you can always carry it with you handcuffed to your wrist like in spy movies.