Fenix LD01 Hazy Lens

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's some serious haze under the lens on this light, how easy is it to access for cleaning?

5d4fc359cd027768ef9aee33b2cc6cc1.jpg

Noctiluco

Newly Enlightened
I have been able to open an aluminum one with difficulty, for led replacement, but I have not been able to open my steel one ...

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been able to open an aluminum one with difficulty, for led replacement, but I have not been able to open my steel one ...

Probably not worth messing with, it is what it is I suppose.

nbp

Flashaholic
I wish they still made those. That was a great light I shoulda kept.

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
If you don't want to dissassemble it, put the head in a ziplock bag with some of those silica packets you get with new electronics.
Usualy the head isn't completly airtight when unscrewed from the body.
Leave it in the bag for a while, a few days or a week if you can wait that long and see if the haze starts to reduce.
You can put it on by a window in the sun, a bit the bit of heat will help get the moisture out of the head and into the silica packets
It is a high patience method, but it gives you the opprtunity to try out another light for EDC in the meam time ;)

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't want to dissassemble it, put the head in a ziplock bag with some of those silica packets you get with new electronics.
Usualy the head isn't completly airtight when unscrewed from the body.
Leave it in the bag for a while, a few days or a week if you can wait that long and see if the haze starts to reduce.
You can put it on by a window in the sun, a bit the bit of heat will help get the moisture out of the head and into the silica packets
It is a high patience method, but it gives you the opprtunity to try out another light for EDC in the meam time ;)

Not looking like this is a moisture issue at this point, probably just the residue. That said, I will try your suggestions and see what happens.