Any new quarks?

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
I was just wondering if there are any new quarks coming out in the future? Single body versions or turbos or new led options?
thanks

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
Yes, i have the QK16L and love it.
just wondering if there will be copper or titanium versions. Or different led options later on.
thanks

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Digging the 319, UI is a good compromise and build quality feels nice in the hand. Some reliability issues on driver contacts with poor customer service. Works after disassembly and reassembly. My only other gripe is no tailcap lock out.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Digging the 319, UI is a good compromise and build quality feels nice in the hand. Some reliability issues on driver contacts with poor customer service. Works after disassembly and reassembly. My only other gripe is no tailcap lock out.
Unfortunately tailcap lock-out is not allowed to be produced anylonger due to a copywrite infringement lawsuit.

I was just wondering if there are any new quarks coming out in the future? Single body versions or turbos or new led options?
thanks
Check out the battery tubes that were just listed here.

pic link

pic link

Last edited:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately tailcap lock-out is not allowed to be produced anylonger due to a copywrite infringement lawsuit....

Very interesting!! Curious how it can be, though, with so many others using tailcap lockouts.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very interesting!! Curious how it can be, though, with so many others using tailcap lockouts.
[/LEFT]
A few years back an American flashlight company served several court orders upon several US manufacturers at the Shot Show, Foursevens was one of them. Oversees manufacturers are very hard to hold to US patents.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few years back an American flashlight company served several court orders upon several US manufacturers at the Shot Show, Foursevens was one of them. Oversees manufacturers are very hard to hold to US patents.

Huh... I never knew! I wonder how streamlight gets away with tailcap lockout on their Protac?

I'd love to see an aftermarket body for the Quark Mini (Mark 3) sized for a 16650 cell, with the body in the style of the Quark Mini Mark 2 (the one with the square threads and the dog-bone shaped tail). I'm more than happy with the Mark 3 emitter, color temperature, output levels, and twisty interface, but I'd really, really like to be able to use a 16650 cell for substantially longer runtime. There wouldn't be a need for a magnet in the tail cap, because with a 16650 cell the light would be too heavy to use the Quark Mark 3 headlamp adapter. I'd buy one for each of my six Quark Mini's (second and third generation).

Please, Jason, please...I'll be your friend...:candle:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like it? That does explain why other US-based manufactures lack this feature such as Pelican Light and Streamlight. Although ZL DOES have tailcap lockout, but no tailcap switch so maybe that skirts the issue? I haven't purchased a new maglite in a LONG time but the ones I do have have always been unanodized t/c threads as well.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
No. Anodized threads are not the patent infringement, but if annodized threads provide the light with tailcap lockout, then yes.
While I have not read the rulings, I am under the impression it applies to lights with tailcap switches that can be locked out by loosening the tailcap switch assembly??? Anyone.

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back on the OP topic, gotta say I'm really loving my MKIII. My favorite thing about is the tail cap. The raised switch that you can actually press with ease is nice. That snap on bit that can go over the switch boot was a good idea, you know for the guys who like a difficult tip of thumb press LOL!:nana: