Mother Is Proxy Flashaholic

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
My mother always carries three flashlights when leaving the house: a LED Lenser on her keychain, Inova Microlight hanging from a loop on her purse, and a M*g AAA in the purse. She does this as one-ups-manship so that I was sort of forced into having to display three lights when I visited. I used to carry only two.

So far Mum has only two other M*gs and cheap lights around the house so she's not a true flashaholic. I believe she enjoys flashlights, vicariously, through me because she's given me many unique lights over the years. So, would she be a flashaholic by proxy?

I'll print out any good responses for her as she'd get a kick out of it.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
A "good" son would give his mom a good luxeon light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

I started to say a L4, but I only gave my step-mom a MiniMag/MadMax Q3/Kroll/ mineral glass lens, ElektroLumens Blaster 1R, two 20 for $20 key chain lights, a 2D Mag/3x123/KPR112/Acrylite lens, Dorcy AAA, 4D florescent lantern.

Get with the program & get your mom some lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

I was surprised to find that the women in my family wanted good lights as much as the guys. Now they have them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Hoghead said:
A "good" son would give his mom a good luxeon light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree. If not an Arc, then maybe one of the new Inovas when they come out. Or maybe a Streamlight AA, or maybe...

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is very funny.

She could be a pathological proxy flashaholic...with dilusions of illumination.

Lets just hope it's not a multiple beam personality disorder.

No matter how serious it sounds, there's always hope that she may be successfully regulated.

Latest posts