Inova X1

Mic

Newly Enlightened
Hi
I was just wondering what you all think of the Inova X1 with it small spotlight beam
I work on cars and it may be useful,
lol any excuse to buy another flashlight, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dw_1984

Newly Enlightened
I bought one recently and I doubt this is for you. You'll be up close to cars right? Then the spot light'll be maybe 15cm from one meter away. And there is absolutely NO sidespill (you probably know this) so it's usefulness is limited.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
A very nicely made light with very limited use. For looking down dark narrow recesses it would be great however. It is kind of unique and the design quite admirable. Reason enough for the flashaholic.

Kram

Newly Enlightened
I'm a fan of this little light, but whether it will be useful for your purposes depends upon exactly what you want to accomplish with it. It would be excellent for casting a fairly intense white light circle on a small target area(say, for inspecting a particular part) or even for reading a street sign in a dark neighborhood, but you probably wouldn't want to try to use it to light up your engine at night while on the side of the road.

I'm guessing you would be happier with more of a floodlight for general under the hood (i.e. bonnet - UK translation) work.

Having said all that, I nearly always have an X1 in my pocket. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Mark

Mic

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
LOL X5 + X1 Hmmmm now i'm think I'll have to get the wife some chocs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif
i was mainly thinking that the X1 mite focus the eye on a particular part better than lighting up everything, i'll have to get one just to see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

evanlocc

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Flying Turtle said:
A very nicely made light with very limited use. For looking down dark narrow recesses it would be great however. It is kind of unique and the design quite admirable. Reason enough for the flashaholic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damm you spell the exact!!! I order one & on its way now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, for just looking at things under the car or down recesses, as mentioned, it works quite well- The narrow beam actually aids in those situations, because you don't get the glare off the foreground objects, and is pinpointed at the area of interest. If however, you don't know exactly what you need to look at, it wouldn't work as well, because then you'd have to sweep it around.
And, as is the case with any handheld flashlight, if you actually need to WORK on the car, it's not really that good. For a breakdown light, you might want to augment your collection with a headlamp; it'd work better than ANY handheld, megabeam or not.