conventional series production of a small flashlight RC/01

RC-Lights

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

some time ago i started to create a flashlight in a computer modell according to my own ideas. it took many loops until i was happy with the design.

zwischenablage-202003kpkzy.png

after that, i spend a lot of time to improve the construction of the torch itself. adjust thread length, optimize sealings and had always an eye on the proportions.

the result was a complete data in CAD:

zwischenablage-202003ahji2.png

after that i start to build this light.... and this is now 3 years gone. the last weeks i had some time and remembered, that there was a non finished project. I looked on my computer for the data and yes, i have to finish this beautifull light.

so i started some weeks ago. as a first component the batterie tube for 16340 LiIon batteries on the lathe.

2003_timelapse_lampe_4bkuu.jpg

and after that on the miling machine:
2003_timelapse_lampe_nkkal.jpg

so i built one after the other all the components which are needed for completed the light. And today it was finished, i sandblasted the last parts and assemblied all of them:

2004_edc_kleinserie_f6ckiq.jpg

this is the version of aluminium and copper. But what is that ?
2003_timelapse_lampe_3hjj6.jpg

yes, 8 batterie tubes for 8 different flashlights. 3 of them will be out of aluminium and copper, 4 out of brass and aluminium and one of them out of titanium and copper.

i will continue soon,

see you !

Michael

RC-Lights

Newly Enlightened
thanks for your feedback.

a short update from me:

mos of the turning work is done, only some milling work for the head and the tailcap and built in the electronics and the lights are finished.
timelapse-1-2n6kqk.jpg

stay tuned,

Michael

ScapegoatUmi

Newly Enlightened
Very nice work! Is good for short med range target or search?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC-Lights

Newly Enlightened
hi all, thanks for your comments.

battery will be 16340.

The LED and optic combination is fully customable, so the range ist from very short range flooder to a mid range beam. a thrower in this size is not really possible.

i´m still waiting for some orders from USA and China, but nevertheless i started to finish the surface of the next three lights.

lovely combination of titanium, copper, brass and aluminium:

2005_kleinserie_edc_fwjj8d.jpg

2005_kleinserie_edc_f7sjqx.jpg

best regards,
Michael

RC-Lights

Newly Enlightened
hi,

brass light is allmost finished with some engraving. unique piece, one of seven ! ( yeah i know, i made 8 lights, but the first one was a prototype ).
2006_lampen_final_009hikp2.jpg

2006_lampen_final_0173akts.jpg

regards,
Michael