Surefire 10X Dominator Battery Pack Rebuild?

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all, I've got a Dominator, and it is in serious need of a battery pack refurb, does anyone think this is possible?

If yes, will I be able to use the OEM charger?

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
This may be intersting in General:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?307358-Surefire-10X-Eneloop-Battery-Replacement!

I do not know exactly how the pack is build up exactly. My guess it that it can be opened in a way somehow. Than you only need to replace the old NiCd cells with cells of the same size in NiMH. The charger should work since NiCd and NiMH cells are having same characteristics.

Can you see that the pack itself has some screws of a sprint that keeps the pack closed? That would be the expectation on how Surefire did this battery pack. Or if there is nothing to see it is also a try on asking Surefire to give an advice on opening the battery pack for cell replacement.

The only this may be getting the correct cell size "A" cells are not often in use anymore, but you should get this cells with NiMH chemistry.

Last edited:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
This may be intersting in General:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?307358-Surefire-10X-Eneloop-Battery-Replacement!

I do not know exactly how the pack is build up exactly. My guess it that it can be opened in a way somehow. Than you only need to replace the old NiCd cells with cells of the same size in NiMH. The charger should work since NiCd and NiMH cells are having same characteristics.

Can you see that the pack itself has some screws of a sprint that keeps the pack closed? That would be the expectation on how Surefire did this battery pack. Or if there is nothing to see it is also a try on asking Surefire to give an advice on opening the battery pack for cell replacement.

The only this may be getting the correct cell size "A" cells are not often in use anymore, but you should get this cells with NiMH chemistry.

This is what it looks like inside, I am not sure if those screws (2) release the pack, or if they are just holding wires in place.

466c1967d7ad359d520fee34cb723d16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would expect that loosen the screws will open the battery pack. I would try to remove the screws and try to remove some parts to have access to the cells.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would expect that loosen the screws will open the battery pack. I would try to remove the screws and try to remove some parts to have access to the cells.

It'll be like playing "Operation", can't touch the contacts.

I'll give it a try, see what I can do.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
But since the cells are NiCd nothing can burn or explode. NiCd (and also NiMH) is an extremely safe chemistry. And if you will be 100% sure you can tape one of the contacts with scotch tape or something similar.