ASP Triad bulb replacements

R.W.D.

Enlightened
So I have an ASP Triad in almost perfect condition that was giving to me by an old neighbor who is just near the end of the line. Been helping him out with various things because he's a cool guy and has always been a set of helping hands for me.

He gave me the old ASP Triad as a gift and said "I wanted to give you something that you would respect and remember me by but that you would also appreciate. He obviously knew I'm into lights and it was an awesome gift imo. I won't be posting pictures of it at least right now because doing so on here has always slightly been frustrating to me.
If you don't know what this light looks like you could easily look it up. It has a lexan lens, by pin 6v (or just under) bulb, a rubber foam grip that has held up amazingly for more than 20 years, a momentary button on the rear and a click switch not far from that on the side which is an epic way to run a flashlight tbh.

From what I've researched, it has a button and a switch so you can attach an ASP baton ato the rear and still have a side switch which is a very tactical place in that setup so you could shine light then easily flick the baton out without changing your grip.

I am very capable of converting this into an led light but personally I really enjoy incandescent lights and if I kept it incandescent I would get to keep the internal beam focus ability which is used by adjusting the bulbs seated position behind the reflector but can only be done by taking out the whole reflector which was also a very thought out idea in that you focus it exactly how you want, close it up, and if the light gets knocked around while you are knocking with the baton or happen to drop it, the beam stays focused unlike a mag which goes out of focus if you sneaze...

My situation is that I need bulbs, several bulbs to last at least my lifetime and I feel i need to get them now before it's years down the line and incandescent bulbs are a historical relic...
I cannot seem to find the exact bulbs it takes already but have found bi pin xenon 6v bulbs for streamlight stingers and I'm unsure if the are the correct size that and approximately $10 per bulb really seems kinda high especially when incandescent bulb don't last forever and could easily get a broken filament.

Anyone who can help me find incan bulbs would be a huge help. Sorry I haven't posted in a while I've just been super busy with life and work

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Maybe a single Cr123A and a minimag 6v xenon?
Or if the size is close enough the bi pin magnum star-II bulbs? 🤔
I'm just shooting in the dark I really have no idea what would be the best

R.W.D.

Enlightened
I will definitely have to check them out then. That post was the first info I found of this light before digging way deeper. I really like this light a lot and for what it is I'd love to keep it in original condition and have it usable 👍

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Bump*

Tried contacting Tads Custom Bulbs and haven't received anything back. I'm hopeful but I'm starting to think I need to check out any other options before it's "too late"

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
To me it's the Streamlight Scorpion / TL-2 bulb working with pair of C123A primary.
If single 16650 will fit your flashlight then possible to use Streamlight Strion bulb.

Last edited: