Cleaning Inova 24/7

fadiaz

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

First of all, I hope that I am posting in the right forum this.

I have some Inova flashlights, one of them be a 24/7 Smartbright. In this flashlight, in the black rubber parts (like the battery cap) white "bloom" have developed. I used a cleaning rag damped in 70% isopropyl alcohol to clean it; and seems that it worked (without damaging it).

Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone here have had the same situation, either in this same flashlight model or any other flashlight. And how you clean the flashlight from the white bloom.

Thanks in advance.

Francisco

fadiaz

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Doing a quick follow up on the cleaning of the Inova 24/7 flashlight.

As mentioned in the original post, between Tuesday and yesterday (Wednesday) I did 2 sessions of cleaning the black rubber parts of the flashlight with 70% isopropyl alcohol; to clean the white bloom that had formed. I normally use alcohol to clean many electronics, but was not sure how would the rubber would react to it (although I use a 50% solution of alcohol to clean the wiper blades of my car; which are made of rubber also).

After alcohol had dried, I got a small piece of paper towel and put a couple of drops of AT205 Resealer and made a touch up on all the black rubber parts. Also with another small piece of paper tower, I put a couple of drops of 3 in 1 oil and re-lubricated the O-Ring in the battery area.

After waiting for the AT205 to dry, I then put back again a new battery and tested the flashlight, making sure it still works. Actually I tested the flashlight after finishing every step of cleaning.

I do not have pictures of the process, but here is a picture of the final result:

Inova_24-7_Cleaned.jpg

Anyway, if someone still have good ideas of how to clean the rubber safely, please let me know... ;-)

In case someone thinks I have not searched before asking, I did. All I found in google was either scrape the white bloom (which did not worked very well for me) or clean with soap and water (which is something I do prefer to avoid more than alcohol in a flashlight). O:)

Also, if someone wants to know how white was the black rubber with the bloom, let me know. As I said, I did not took pictures of the flashlight before I started, but I do have a GPS that was also stored with the Inova 24/7 and it also has the white bloom in it rubber parts. LOL

Thanks again to all...

Francisco

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wash all rubber parts with soap and water too and after drying I rub a very thin coat of Nyogel synthetic grease to preserve the surface and keep it looking great.