TV

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of TV you guys have? I have a Samsung 85 inch Q80T in the family room and a LG HU85 LA short throw projector in the theater.

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened
TV room: Sony 75" Z9D
Bedroom; LG 55" OLED E6

with a Klarus Mi1C always in my pocket

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My 20" ProScan circa '93(?) is still working. Plays DVD's just dandy.

In the den is I think 42" Samsung flatscreen for the blu-ray player. Haven't watched network tv since W was elected the 2nd time.

Dynapoints

Newly Enlightened
I have two Mitsubishi 65813 RPTV. They were manufactured in 2003. They look wonderful and get compliments from everyone who comes over. I hope they last forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! I just recently got into the projector world, so I still have a lot to learn.

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two Mitsubishi 65813 RPTV. They were manufactured in 2003. They look wonderful and get compliments from everyone who comes over. I hope they last forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, rear projectors were ahead of their time. Built like tanks.

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened
Nice, the OLED really really are a huge difference in screen quality over the led.

The Z9D comes pretty darn close for an LED

Waiting excitedly for the Micro LEDs which should rival or beat OLEDs

PartyPete

Enlightened
Two "smart TVs" - Vizio and a TCL.

Vizio has sharper picture but the TCL has snappier performance and much better streaming apps and interface.

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two "smart TVs" - Vizio and a TCL.

Vizio has sharper picture but the TCL has snappier performance and much better streaming apps and interface.
The tcl probably has a refresh rate of 120mhz vs the Vizio at 60mhz. Either way the tcl is a awesome bargain.

PartyPete

Enlightened
The tcl probably has a refresh rate of 120mhz vs the Vizio at 60mhz. Either way the tcl is a awesome bargain.
The TCL is a great deal for sure.

Nice, sharp, clear picture with the Vizio but not really as impressive in terms of a smart TV in comparison.

We'll probably switch the house TVs around this Spring and make room for another TCL.

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TCL is a great deal for sure.

Nice, sharp, clear picture with the Vizio but not really as impressive in terms of a smart TV in comparison.

We'll probably switch the house TVs around this Spring and make room for another TCL.
[emoji106]

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
We're still rocking a 32" Sharp CRT, complete with a Samsung VCR (mainly used for Disney movies for the grand kids). The TV must be close to 20 years old now. There's a somewhat newer "modern" 32" Samsung in the bedroom. As you might guess, we don't watch much TV.

Geoff

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I am using a 24 inch Insignia 1080p LCD/LED tv set currently looking at 55-65 inch 4k tv sets hopefully I will get the CV money and my unemployment soon and can decide when to upgrade. I may have to wait even after I get the money coming in as places selling new and used tv sets are running out of stock fast with so many either stuck at home or entertainment businesses are unable or unwilling to return to profitable operation. I'm all OTA myself and was considering waiting for the ATSC3.0 tuner TV sets to come out later this year but heard that only the high end lines will have them at first and haven't found out if they will support current ATSC1.0 broadcasts or not. I figure I may get a mid range set and 10 years from now get a high end model or a higher mid range set with extra HDMI inputs and wait for a ATSC3.0 stand alone tuner with HMDI output to plug into the extra port.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
We're still rocking a 32" Sharp CRT, complete with a Samsung VCR (mainly used for Disney movies for the grand kids).

Nothing wrong with that, CRT is the best way to view anything that doesn't have a digital out, like VHS and old school Nintendo/game consoles. I recently had to get rid of the Zenith CRT my parents got when I was in kindergarten, it had one of those military-grade on/off switches that would make an audible CLUNK that resonated throughout the enclosure when you turned it on or off, I would have kept it forever..

I'm all OTA myself and was considering waiting for the ATSC3.0 tuner TV sets to come out later this year but heard that only the high end lines will have them at first and haven't found out if they will support current ATSC1.0 broadcasts or not. I figure I may get a mid range set and 10 years from now get a high end model or a higher mid range set with extra HDMI inputs and wait for a ATSC3.0 stand alone tuner with HMDI output to plug into the extra port.

Oh but that new TV might be a Smart TV, and one day you'll connect it just to see, and there's Youtube, there's CPF, there's all kinds of possibilities..

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Oh but that new TV might be a Smart TV, and one day you'll connect it just to see, and there's Youtube, there's CPF, there's all kinds of possibilities..

I will probably connect it up but my internet is too slow to stream HD video at this time. I've done without pay TV for over 15 years now I don't miss it one bit with digital tv and dozens of extra channels of junk and instead of having a hundred channels of "paid programs" I only have half that many to skip through.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I will probably connect it up but my internet is too slow to stream HD video at this time. I've done without pay TV for over 15 years now I don't miss it one bit with digital tv and dozens of extra channels of junk and instead of having a hundred channels of "paid programs" I only have half that many to skip through.

Don't need HD, don't need money. It's anything you can see on the internet that you'd sit and watch moved to your television screen, that's quite a game changer..

Latest posts