• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

S2R2 High Memory Issue

DJ_CRIZP

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I bought my first Olight about a week ago (S2R Baton 2) and I have noticed an annoying issue with the memory function. Whenever I turn the light off in high mode (400 lm, not turbo) after about 10 minutes of being off, it will forget that it was in high and default back to the medium mode. Has anyone else had this same issue? I've heard of this before on Olights but I'm not sure if it is a defect, or if it is just the way it is. I like the 400 lm mode and want the light to default to that.

Thanks

Hello,

I bought my first Olight about a week ago (S2R Baton 2) and I have noticed an annoying issue with the memory function. Whenever I turn the light off in high mode (400 lm, not turbo) after about 10 minutes of being off, it will forget that it was in high and default back to the medium mode. Has anyone else had this same issue? I've heard of this before on Olights but I'm not sure if it is a defect, or if it is just the way it is. I like the 400 lm mode and want the light to default to that.

Thanks

I believe it is an intended software function, have it on other lights. Click it off and on while using it, remembers the mode. Let it sit for a while and it will come up in medium. It isn't in the manual, but the manual does list another case where it substitutes medium for high; when double-clicking OUT of turbo, if the memorized mode is high, you'll get medium.