• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Soooo....Lumens?

BloodCleanSoul

Enlightened
Anyone have any info about lumen or output of all of Peak's pocket offerings? I'm interested but am looking for something comparable to the SF Titan Plus.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
You know there great lights. I have a few and built Quality is great. Run times go into days and plenty bright for me but I have never seen anything listed for output. RMSK lists a few for some of the lights but not much. I have even contacted peak and asked about this. Didn't get an answer. Peak lights are a side job for them and they might not even have equipment to test this.Just a guess of course.

Vemice

Enlightened
Anyone have any info about lumen or output of all of Peak's pocket offerings? I'm interested but am looking for something comparable to the SF Titan Plus.

Just spoke to Robyn and she said she will be responding to you soon.

Vemice

Enlightened
It would be a rather lengthy discussion. It you look at all the combinations possible it would be quite a task. For each of their models taking different battery types you have, usually, a choice of 3 leds and and 2 optics (not counting Mules) that can use primaries or Lithium Ions. Within that, at least for the Eiger, you also have Ultra and Ultra X heads with different leds, optics and battery options (except the Ultra X which only uses Li-Ions). I would guess that each of these combinations has a different output, throw and battery life.
Now, for those of us that like single mode reduced output, you can select from output levels (0-8 if I remember).
If you just want an Eiger neutral white with narrow optic, Robyn could probably tell you the approximate output for a primary and Lithium Ion (or I could get it for you).
Archimedes can add on if I left anything out.

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
Well, off to another brand for me. I am not going to buy a $50-$120 light without knowing the most important thing flashlights do, (output light... and in what quantity.) They need to list that.

I was looking forward to this brand for USA made, potted electronics, and solid build and reputation. I want a AAA light with a simple tail cap clicky. I sold my Surefire Titan and Titan Plus because I didn't like the UI. Twist too fast on the Titan plus and you get low, medium, medium, high.

I would like a light that was quality and can put out serious lumens on a 14440. I know there is a huge AAA thread, I just can't spend the time to read it all.

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
Peak don't make an AAA flashlight with a clicky tailswitch.

Yes, I have been looking at the site. I am going to give a Eiger a try. What is the difference between Lug, Keychain and Pocket? I don't know if I should go with the narrow beam or medium beam. Then the LED options. I like neutral tints, but I am also looking for high output. Do these Eigers put out more than 300 lumens? Website needs more information.

dk21291

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I have been looking at the site. I am going to give a Eiger a try. What is the difference between Lug, Keychain and Pocket? I don't know if I should go with the narrow beam or medium beam. Then the LED options. I like neutral tints, but I am also looking for high output. Do these Eigers put out more than 300 lumens? Website needs more information.

baltic5.jpg

Left to right: Keychain, Pocket, Lug

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... I would like a light that was quality and can put out serious lumens on a 14440....

.... I don't know if I should go with the narrow beam or medium beam. Then the LED options. I like neutral tints, but I am also looking for high output. Do these Eigers put out more than 300 lumens? Website needs more information.

You'd want the Eiger Ultra X, but that runs on 10440 only. Cool white tint will give you the highest output.

Review here ...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?395876-My-Peak-Eiger-Ultra-X

Last edited:

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
Do each of those use the same battery? If not, are the model versions with different batteries the same length?

I am pretty sure the center light runs on RCR123A/CR123A cells, and the other 2 lights on the end I think both use AA cells or AAA cells and are different lengths.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
the middle light picture looks like a N cell body which would use the green cell next to it I believe....

Latest posts