Wuben        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soooo....Lumens?

Flashaholic

Default Soooo....Lumens?

Anyone have any info about lumen or output of all of Peak's pocket offerings? I'm interested but am looking for something comparable to the SF Titan Plus.

Default Re: Soooo....Lumens?

You know there great lights. I have a few and built Quality is great. Run times go into days and plenty bright for me but I have never seen anything listed for output. RMSK lists a few for some of the lights but not much. I have even contacted peak and asked about this. Didnít get an answer. Peak lights are a side job for them and they might not even have equipment to test this.Just a guess of course.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

There has been no validated output info available on these for several years now
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by BloodCleanSoul View Post
    Anyone have any info about lumen or output of all of Peak's pocket offerings? I'm interested but am looking for something comparable to the SF Titan Plus.
    Just spoke to Robyn and she said she will be responding to you soon.

Flashaholic

And she did! Super helpful. Thanks so much!

She gets very busy at times and it takes a while to her from her.

Any chance you can pass on what she told you as far as outputs? No need to quote verbatim just numbers she gave you.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Any chance you can pass on what she told you as far as outputs? No need to quote verbatim just numbers she gave you.

+1, that would be very helpful.
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

It would be a rather lengthy discussion. It you look at all the combinations possible it would be quite a task. For each of their models taking different battery types you have, usually, a choice of 3 leds and and 2 optics (not counting Mules) that can use primaries or Lithium Ions. Within that, at least for the Eiger, you also have Ultra and Ultra X heads with different leds, optics and battery options (except the Ultra X which only uses Li-Ions). I would guess that each of these combinations has a different output, throw and battery life.
    Now, for those of us that like single mode reduced output, you can select from output levels (0-8 if I remember).
    If you just want an Eiger neutral white with narrow optic, Robyn could probably tell you the approximate output for a primary and Lithium Ion (or I could get it for you).
    Archimedes can add on if I left anything out.

Well, off to another brand for me. I am not going to buy a $50-$120 light without knowing the most important thing flashlights do, (output light... and in what quantity.) They need to list that.

I was looking forward to this brand for USA made, potted electronics, and solid build and reputation. I want a AAA light with a simple tail cap clicky. I sold my Surefire Titan and Titan Plus because I didn't like the UI. Twist too fast on the Titan plus and you get low, medium, medium, high.

I would like a light that was quality and can put out serious lumens on a 14440. I know there is a huge AAA thread, I just can't spend the time to read it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelight1 View Post
    .... I want a AAA light with a simple tail cap clicky....
    Peak don't make an AAA flashlight with a clicky tailswitch.

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Peak don't make an AAA flashlight with a clicky tailswitch.

Yes, I have been looking at the site. I am going to give a Eiger a try. What is the difference between Lug, Keychain and Pocket? I don't know if I should go with the narrow beam or medium beam. Then the LED options. I like neutral tints, but I am also looking for high output. Do these Eigers put out more than 300 lumens? Website needs more information.

Yes, I have been looking at the site. I am going to give a Eiger a try. What is the difference between Lug, Keychain and Pocket? I don't know if I should go with the narrow beam or medium beam. Then the LED options. I like neutral tints, but I am also looking for high output. Do these Eigers put out more than 300 lumens? Website needs more information.

Left to right: Keychain, Pocket, Lug

Quote Originally Posted by dk21291 View Post

Thank you very much, It looks like the lug can be put on a keychain is that correct?

Thank you very much, It looks like the lug can be put on a keychain is that correct?
    Sure

.... I would like a light that was quality and can put out serious lumens on a 14440....
    .... I don't know if I should go with the narrow beam or medium beam. Then the LED options. I like neutral tints, but I am also looking for high output. Do these Eigers put out more than 300 lumens? Website needs more information.
    You'd want the Eiger Ultra X, but that runs on 10440 only. Cool white tint will give you the highest output.

Review here ...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Eiger-Ultra-X
    Last edited by archimedes; 06-04-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dk21291 View Post

Do each of those use the same battery? If not, are the model versions with different batteries the same length?

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    You'd want the Eiger Ultra X, but that runs on 10440 only. Cool white tint will give you the highest output.

Review here ...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Eiger-Ultra-X
    Thank you great read. Might do the ultra x with a clip and momentary tailcap.

Quote Originally Posted by JimIslander View Post
    Do each of those use the same battery? If not, are the model versions with different batteries the same length?
    I am pretty sure the center light runs on RCR123A/CR123A cells, and the other 2 lights on the end I think both use AA cells or AAA cells and are different lengths.

the middle light picture looks like a N cell body which would use the green cell next to it I believe....

Quote Originally Posted by mcbrat View Post
    the middle light picture looks like a N cell body which would use the green cell next to it I believe....
    Oh yes you are right. I didn't zoom in and it looked like a RCR123A cell. I never even heard of that cell before

I think that photo was mostly demonstrating the different tailcap options.

However, even for otherwise identical models, there is more difference in overall length between the three choices than one might imagine.

Also worth noting that momentary only works with the "keychain" tube.
    Last edited by archimedes; 06-04-2020 at 03:22 PM.

I also was curious about the output numbers but after using my Loganís for awhile I realize they are just that. Numbers. On lowest itís very low and on the highest itís bright enough. Works for me😁

Have a Logan 17500 on the way in addition to the Eiger. Looking forward to the ability to use a bunch of batteries. Also donít have any peaks.

Default Soooo....Lumens?

The eiger is one of my favorite lights. I loved the ultra x that I had. It really was a hotrod. But could only run on a 10440. These days, I have an eiger ultra. Itís not quite as bright as the x but itís still crazy bright with a 10440 in it and can still run any other non Li-ion battery and put out tremendous amounts of light.

Mine is setup in a cool beam, narrow optic, keychain body with a momentary switch installed.

My favorite setup; Logan 17500 and Eiger Ultra.

What are these pocket clips you have on there?

Quote Originally Posted by StagMoose View Post
    They look like Prometheus clips

Anyone having any flickering issues? I am about to pick one of these up and see some videos and comments about flickering. I like flexibility so I am going with the Eiger Ultra in CW and the narrow beam so I can use Lithium primaries and Eneloops too.

I am going to put this on my keychain, so I will get the shorter lug version and not get the clip or the Momentary tail cap. It is gonna be chunky at .75 inch diameter head. But with all the stuff I carry in my 5.11 pants everyday, I wont even notice it. LOL.

What is the best 10440 cells for this light? I am going to get some fresh ones.
    Last edited by Whitelight1; 06-05-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StagMoose View Post
    The Eiger has a Ti clip from Prometheus, which is usually out of stock and the Logan is from Oveready (SS).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast