noob looking to buy a eagletac d25c

patoriku

Newly Enlightened
I've been reading a few threads here and I must admit I'm a bit overwhelmed with the info.

I'm looking for a small edc torch that has reasonable output and variable modes. I was looking at AA and AAA torches but they all seem like a compromise. I found the eagletac d25c and I like it so far but was hoping to have a rechargeable battery option. My research so far make me think that a rechargeable CR123a doesn't exist.

I have one torch that takes CR123a batteries and it's a Thurnite Sabre 1G. I put a battery in there a good 3 years ago and it still seems to work fine. I'm just not that big on twisty lights.

With this in mind, is buying a CR123a torch still worthwhile?

Alternatively, I'd be happy to hear recommendations for other options. I know more about knives and mutli tools than I do about torches.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your looking for a 16340 battery

It's a lithium ion rechargeable battery the same exact size as a 3v cr123

patoriku

Newly Enlightened
Oh. Cool. Do you think this torch is a worthwhile buy? That all seem to be made in China which is fine as long as there's quality in the build.

Are they just regular sized of are they like 18650's that are flat or button topped? (I only know of this from vaping)

Cheers mate.

Last edited:

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they're great lights , even the d25a. I like the ti versions

Only things I've seen guys complain about is the way the modes are .

Sos24

Enlightened
As wicky said the rechargable version of cr123 is 16340.

The D25c is my wife's favorite flashlight and a real good light.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've carried their 2014 titanium D25C clicky for 5+ years and it's a favorite.

People have complained about the aluminum light's threads loosening up, so keep that in mind going forward.

Chris

I also have an e25c modded by Vinh to accommodate a Nichia 219c emitter. The beam shape and color are gorgeous. Patoriku, the stock versions of the e25c are mostly on the floody side, which is good for illuminating your immediate area. There are several reputable dealers that sell this light, but one of them offers a really wide range of emitters, including an Osram with almost double the lux of the other stock lights, producing a more focused beam and more intense hotspot. (Your homework assignment during this COVID-19 slowdown is to research these vendors and identify the one offering an Osram emitter.)

The higher lux levels of the Osram suit my purposes better than the flood-beam versions, but there are several good choices of output and intensity in the e25c form factor, so do your homework and make your choice.

Finally, I recommend that you check out SkyLumen's offerings if you're seeking an upgrade from a stock e25c light. Vinh's reputation is excellent in the community, and he'll answer your questions and work with you if you really want to buy something special, while still being affordable (and by affordable I mean a light that does not require a bank loan to purchase).

You're gonna like it here...:tinfoil: