The Fenix-Store        
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What light(s) is in your pocket today?

Default Re: What light(s) is in your pocket today?

Cren md2 with a HOT.

The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

D4vn w/ W2 quad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

219b protected by sapphire

Nothing crazy, TLR6 weapon light and
    ProTac 1L-1AA

How you liking that 43?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish 14 View Post
    How you liking that 43?

Love it!!!! Especially now that I have the Shield arms 15 mags. I still have my g19 but the 43x is my EDC.

Have about 5k through it with no issues

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    219b protected by sapphire
    219B 4000k 9080?
    ďExpertsĒ are wrong about half the time. [My_Lights]

Quote Originally Posted by lion504 View Post
    219B 4000k 9080?
    9050 afaik, the earlier run a couple of years back.

219b 5000k triple

Quote Originally Posted by LedTed View Post
    (REDACTED)
    I will update the group after I have had a chance to check out the KR4.
    Iíve had my Emisar K4R for two days-and-nights now, so Iím ready to share first impressions.

The KR4 is a little bigger than a LumenTop FW3A: taller, thicker, and heavier. But than again, the KR4 is a quad emitter and the FW3A is a triple emitter. Speaking of emitters, the KR4 has greater LED choices than the FW3A.

I work with electronics, in a production environment, for a living. My professional opinion is that the: build, design, and production qualities of the KR4 are superior to those of the FW3A.

Thatís not to say the KR4 is a perfect handheld flashlight, or the perfect flashlight for me. I prefer the triple over the quad. The clip of the KR4 is a little oversized and loose. And, though Iíve had no accidental activations, the switch is a little too easy for me to activate. Lastly, the KR4 came without a spare o-ring for the lens. According to Hank, the proper replacement is ď26*1.2mmĒ. Though he didnít recommend a material or hardness in durometer.

I really like the grip texture of the KR4 over the smooth body of the FW3A; whose knurling is ineffective. I l-o-v-e the secondary RGB LEDs of the KR4. I believe those indicator LEDs to alone have more functions than a HDS flashlight. I really appreciate that the indicator LEDs can be configured in lockout mode as well. This only adds usability to the two stage momentarily output of the primary LEDs; when the light is in lockout mode. Due in no small part to the broad variety of emitter choices, the the KR4 is quite configureable as well. The clip can easily be exchanging for the included lanyard ring. Bye-the-bye, a good quality lanyard is also included with the KR4ís purchase price. And, due to the added girth of the KR4ís body, it tail-stands a little better than the FW3A. On the other end, a SS bezel is available for both flashlights; though I wish each had shallow edge scallops.

I hardly notice the FW3A clipped in my pocket. Whereas, I noticed the KR4 every time I sat down, but not when kneeling.

I donít know of any possible plans for a triple emitter version of the KR4 - a KR3. All-in-all, I hope Hank makes a deep carry clip for his Emisar KR4. That will make it my new daily work EDC. I do know the possibility of LT making a single emitter Andķril 14500 flashlight; which could take over my dedicated flashlight pocket. In that case, the KR4 being easy to locate in the dark by its secondary LEDs, would be relighted to at-the-ready duty near the fuse box.

Time will tell.
    Enjoy the light show - LedTed

Quote Originally Posted by jrgold View Post
    Since youíre a Fw3a fan, are you thinking about getting a kr4? Iím tempted, hopefully the switch isnít as finicky

I had trouble finding a review on the KR4. So far I can only add first impressions.

Iíve had my Emisar K4R for two days-and-nights now, so Iím ready to share first impressions.

The KR4 is a little bigger than a LumenTop FW3A: taller, thicker, and heavier. But than again, the KR4 is a quad emitter and the FW3A is a triple emitter. Speaking of emitters, the KR4 has greater LED choices than the FW3A.

I work with electronics, in a production environment, for a living. My professional opinion is that the: build, design, and production qualities of the KR4 are superior to those of the FW3A.

Thatís not to say the KR4 is a perfect handheld flashlight, or the perfect flashlight for me. I prefer the triple over the quad. The clip of the KR4 is a little oversized and loose. And, though Iíve had no accidental activations, the switch is a little too easy for me to activate. Lastly, the KR4 came without a spare o-ring for the lens. According to Hank, the proper replacement is ď26*1.2mmĒ. Though he didnít recommend a material or hardness in durometer.

I really like the grip texture of the KR4 over the smooth body of the FW3A; whose knurling is ineffective. I l-o-v-e the secondary RGB LEDs of the KR4. I believe those indicator LEDs to alone have more functions than a HDS flashlight. I really appreciate that the indicator LEDs can be configured in lockout mode as well. This only adds usability to the two stage momentarily output of the primary LEDs; when the light is in lockout mode. Due in no small part to the broad variety of emitter choices, the the KR4 is quite configureable as well. The clip can easily be exchanging for the included lanyard ring. Bye-the-bye, a good quality lanyard is also included with the KR4ís purchase price. And, due to the added girth of the KR4ís body, it tail-stands a little better than the FW3A. On the other end, a SS bezel is available for both flashlights; though I wish each had shallow edge scallops.

I hardly notice the FW3A clipped in my pocket. Whereas, I noticed the KR4 every time I sat down, but not when kneeling.

I donít know of any possible plans for a triple emitter version of the KR4 - a KR3. All-in-all, I hope Hank makes a deep carry clip for his Emisar KR4. That will make it my new daily work EDC. I do know the possibility of LT making a single emitter Andķril 14500 flashlight; which could take over my dedicated flashlight pocket. In that case, the KR4 being easy to locate in the dark by its secondary LEDs, would be relighted to at-the-ready duty near the fuse box.

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by LedTed View Post
    I had trouble finding a review on the KR4. So far I can only add first impressions.

Time will tell.
    Excellent write up, thank you! I agree aux lights are more than just bling. I have them on my d4v2ís and find them very useful. The battery voltage mode is great and being able to find your light quickly is important. The only thing that holds me back on the kr4 is that dang clip. Once thereís a replacement for it Iíll dive in.

Quote Originally Posted by jrgold View Post
    (REDACTED)The only thing that holds me back on the kr4 is that dang clip. Once thereís a replacement for it Iíll dive in.
    Hank does have plans, for a deep carry clip, for the KR4.

HDS Rotary in Natural Aluminum with High Noon emitter.

Crenulated 22.3 head on a md2 running A HOT. and cope snuff

HDS EDC rotary high CRI 4000K. Now I gotta figure out how to post pics....rookies

The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Clicky 250 at work tonight.

HDS Clicky N170

xpl HI 4k amber

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffg0330 View Post

A picture says 1000 words, jeff is a man who knows his ****

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post

Love it

The 18650 BOSS is about perfect balance for me. As much as i love 16340(hds) and 18350 fuel tanks, 18650 is full of more light.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffg0330 View Post
    What optic is that?

Unenlightened

Olight M2K Warrior Pro

Deadwood Huckleberry, cwf dragon, Samsung 351d 4K, Anubis camo, IR secondaries

Constantly since it arrived.

Default What light(s) is in your pocket today?

I've got this with a Malkoff M60W and 3 primaries in my cargo pocket today.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast