do you ever get dpreased very depreased

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i was born with a defective brain so im always kinda sad and confussed .well last year i found out i was loseing my house a house i alwayspayed on time for i was buying it froma guy and he lost it to bank i now rent a house that i made many payments on time on.i got more sad/ then i find out my real mom is dieing of cancer,see i love my mom but well i was born defective so she didnt know how to keep me i was gave to my real dad .she dont like me i think but she is my mom i love her very much. then i find my aunt has cancer to. i wannnaa make things better but i cant so i fall deep into depresion .

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
sometimes things happen beyond our control /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

it's hard when theres nothing you can do to change a situation, but you just need to make sure you do the best with what you're given.

we'll always be here for ya ragu /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hang in there Raggie! Try to focus on the positive things in life, and on the things that you can control. I'm thinking of ya, Bud!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Raggie,

I'm sorry about your rough road. Sometimes if positive thinking, faith and friends aren't enough, therapy and/or antidepressants can help get get you through tough times. If you feel it might be helpful or appropriate perhaps you could check out low cost or free services in your city.

Brightnorm

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Raggie..

I'm with Big Ed. There is always a silver lining somewhere. It seems at times we all travel that bumpy road, but things do get better. Think of the wonderful family you have here at CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've had a plate full of hard, hard knocks. Even someone who didn't have a "defective brain" would have a tough time dealing with what you're dealing with now.

I've always found your posts to be quite uplifting and funny, so I was surprised by this post.

I've had plenty of tough times when I've wondered if I'd make it through them, but I've been blessed to have the love and support of family and friends.

You know yourself better than anyone. If you sometimes get depressed, what you're going through would get anyone down. If this time is worse than other times, it would be a good idea to talk with someone and see if you could get some help.

B@rt

Flashaholic
I'm sorry to hear about your rough ride raggie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Here are some clover 4's for good luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
ani-shamrock.gif

If you ever need some cheering up, come into chat and we'll fix you up a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Raggie,

Depression is something that everyone goes through from time to time. It should lift in a short time. If it continues, find someone to talk to about things. As Brightnorm mentioned, there are also aggressive treatments available.

One thing to remember is that your brain requires certain "food" to function as well as it can. Some people find themselves low in certain vitamins and minerals. They find that a change in diet or the addition of supplements can make all the difference in the world on how their brain functions.

We are keeping you in our thoughts.

Tom

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie,

I am very, very sorry to hear about all of these bad things in your life. I am well acquainted with depression. There was a time when I got depressed regularly. And when I was first in college, my best friend in the entire world committed suicide. I know something about depression.

Hang in there! It WILL get better, Raggie. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Talk to people about stuff. Talk to us here on the forum. PM me any time. DO NOT just dwell on the bad stuff. If you can't bring yourself to do anything else, take a walk. Exercise. Whatever kind you like. Take care of your physical self. Eat well. Eat fruits and vegetables every day. Also, try avoiding sugar. It can really play hell with certain people's moods.

I second the suggestion of seeing a doctor if things get bad enough. Also, have you seen a lawyer about your lost money in house payments? There should be some recourse for you. There MAY be something to be done. It's just not right. See if there is anything you can do about it, if you haven't already.

Also, I'm not sure if you're religious or not, but prayer really does work wonders.

Anyway, I'm really sorry raggie. Keep in touch!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ty for advice everyone im doing today. i viseted my elderly neeber she is like 90 or so.i noticed she had a very old small black and white tv with no remote so.i gave her my 25 inch tv its color and just a few years old. i got it all hooked up for her but she didnt like it cause it was color lol. i never saw anyone who prefared black and white tv.so i hooked her old tv back up and gave it to her sister who lives behind me she loves it.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet that the act of giving helped make you feel a little better. You are a good person, Raggie. Keep up the good deeds you do for others. I once heard, there is therapy in charity. You are on the right track, pal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Luff

Enlightened
Raggie - way to go! I've always found that doing something nice for someone else helps me feel better. You ended up doing something nice twice!

You be sure to talk with the bank that's taking the house! If you have any kind of written agreement with the guy you were paying, take it and show it to them ... they may think it is a good idea for you to continue living there and might even help you in some way. The person you were paying sounds like a real creep to take your money and then not pay the bank their share. A lawyer might be able to help you ... why don't you give your local District Attorney's office a call and ask for their advice and help ... they might be able to help at no cost to you, or direct you to someone who will help at a very reduced rate.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
when feeling overwhelmed by negative events and bad feelings / depression, sometimes it helps to work your way out step by step.
just avoid looking at the big picture and try pulling yourself out one step after another, one move follows the next. Since it is imossible to solve this bad situation all at once, little steps help to raise the moral.
bernhard

Mutie

Enlightened
Raggie,

I am going blind. I had to quit driving and I have to depend on others to help me. My wife has serious ADDS and I can barely communicate with her many times as a result. That is some seriously depressing SH*T at times and I sometimes get very depressed by trying to deal with stuff. The one thing that has kept me sane is finding and being involved in a community that has allowed me to transcend some of that and be involved in something that matters.

You have that here in CPF. I'm only a part timer here and do not often post but I have read a great many of yours and the replies that you have received and you have a great community here that cares and supports you. Plus you are doing the right thing in helping others. In turn you will be helped.

Take care,
Mutech

kubolaw

Enlightened
Raggie -

That's a heavy load you're carrying right now, so I will echo the sentiments of others and say that it is often very helpful to reach out to others - friends, family, or professionals. You've got a lot of people right here pulling for ya. You've got a good heart and generous spirit. Hang tough, bud.

John

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
There are some serious good words and advice here, so there isn't much that I can add...but, sometimes it really helps to look around you and "count the blessings" and positive things that you have.

There are others that have lost limbs, or like Mutiny Sfears is saying he is losing his eyesight. I have my limbs & eyesight (so far) and am thankful for that.

Some folks in other countries, heck even in our own country, state, city, or neighborhood don't even know where their next meal is coming from. Even a bowl of rice or macaroni is a GREAT meal. Macaroni & cheese can get one by for awhile if need be...it's sad to see some of those folks on television starving...

Some folks have been bombed out of their homes and cities, or they don't have water because of droughts, etc...

I'm not meaning to minimize your problems. These are things that I think of sometimes when I get depressed. I indeed want to minimize my problems, and though I feel sorry for those other folks...there's not much I can do. I can't save a whole country.

Doing what you did with your television was a very nice thing to do and they will certainly appreciate it! You will be respected not only by them, but by us as well! You sound like one of the good guys raggie!

We all have our good and bad times. The bad times make the good times that much better! It won't last raggie...hang in there, consider the words & advice that's been posted here by your friends. Don't dwell on the negative things, it will get better! Time has a way of healing things! Give it a chance...

Rick -aka Sigman-

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Raggie, I agree with everything that's been said so far, and I'm sorry to see that you're obviously hurting.

Nothing is forever though; bad situations change, people grow, new friendships develop, even when it looks as if the sun will never rise again. Yet it does, even in the face of the staunchest pessimism.

You should seek out a support group (usually free and often very helpful). Also the medications that are available today are simply awesome and can work miracles. Invest in yourself, raggie, and seek these things out. You will be glad you did.