Open letter to the CPF Modding Community

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just want to say a few words to the CPF Modding Community...

You have all taught me a lot about modding but also following through when someone sends you their stuff. To take something from someone and take it apart and solder and replace parts is something to be taken seriously. I feel like I've learned so much about seeing successful (and occasionally unsuccessful) modding projects go back and forth in these hallowed halls over the years.

A few people know I've been modding the old Blackhawk Gladius flashlights, both for myself but also for a few people who reached out to me about them. I love the UI and I enjoy seeing it running behind more modern LED's. I've collected a few to try different configurations and just to have backups. I've had some good deals on here but always wondered if I'd be able to handle an issue if there was a problem. This was put to the test a few months ago. A guy sent me his Typhoon to get modded. I did the work, sent it back, and it worked great for awhile, then developed problems with it. Not sure if it was battery related or what. He sent it back, I popped out all the internals and replaced them with the components of a good light I had and sent it back. It's possible they were bad batteries, not 100% sure. Long story short, I got positive confirmation that he was happy with the work.

I had a moment where I thought "Okay, what do I do?" and I knew I wouldn't be able to consider it done until he was satisfied. It's the example set by you guys that made me want to make sure he was okay. I credit this community with making that happen.

Thanks!

Last edited: