• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

IMALENT new product MS03 13000 LUMEN FLASHLIGHT

imalent

Enlightened

Product Links

MS03.jpg

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Preparing for release. That looks like four emitters. I will guess it is four XHP 50.2 and one 21700 cell. I am interested.
Edit: Or three XHP70.2 and one 26650 cell.

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am getting more and more interested each minute. This light is listed on the Imalent website as in the Tactical Series. I am trying to get an idea of the size of this light; it can't be too small if it is 13,000 lumens, and it can't be too big because it is listed as a Tactical flashlight.

13,000 lumens in a Tactical flashlight: That means that it is a very small 13,000 lumen flashlight. That is 37% more lumens than another very powerful tactical light that is 9,500 lumens.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imalent FB says single 21700, usb C rechargeable. My guess is three 70.2 emitters. This looks like the most powerful single cell flashlight/most powerful light in its size class.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Something seems out of scale if that's a 21700 light but regardless of the cell, like you said Rich, it will easily be a new high mark for single cell, OTF. You'll be able to compare it first hand to the TM9Kvn and NSX3vn.

Thanks for mentioning this light!

Patriot

Flashaholic
Imalent, I'm looking forward too more information about this light when you're able.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
:popcorn:

Will this flashlight be released pre-Tribulational, or post Tribulational?

Or will the release of this flashlight be a mid-Tribulation event?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
The product information and pictures of ms03 have come out

https://www.imalentstore.com/products/imalent-ms03-13000-lumen-flashlight

This is exciting news!

3 x XHP70.2, 13,000 lumens, 324 (or 380) meters throw. Most powerful single cell flashlight!

Single 21700 4,000 mAh cell is included, judging by the picture.

Double click from any mode = Turbo. I like that a lot, this is an important feature of UI, in my book.

USB-C charging, IPX-8, nice!

4.05 oz/115gm without the battery, head = 1.41 in./36mm, 27mm body, 110mm length.

Head diameter is very compact for 3 x XHP70.2.

Very light weight flashlight for 13,000 lumens. Incredibly low weight for the power, and incredibly small head diameter for the power.

I will order two Imalent MS03 from my favorite USA supplier. I am going to email him the product information link right now.

I suggest a throw version, too, 3 x XHP50.2 in a 1.8 in/46mm head, for more throw.

---------------
Yes, it also has normal modes for normal runtime and normal heat management.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Remarkable, however: Extreme heat within a few seconds, light weight = poor heatsinking, extreme flood from 3x XHP 70's in small reflector, stated throw doubtful, very short battery life. Good showoff light.

brightnorm

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going to use max turbo for one or two second brief Burst only, for one or two seconds to brightly light up a large area so I can see everything all at once for one or two seconds. When I do this for one or two seconds, I want the most amount of power, for the widest area to view real brief for 1 to 2 seconds, and from the smallest flashlight possible. I will probably mostly use the flashlight in normal mode, most of the time, but it's nice to know that the brief turbo burst is there when I need it for 1 to 2 seconds.

jd_oc

Newly Enlightened
This light looks really nice. I just wish it had a neutral white version. I've been looking to buy a small high lumen light for a while and this fits the bill except for the color temp.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
A review of this light was posted by Unix5566 about 24 hours ago in the German forum. I have not yet received the two that I ordered, but that is ok, I ordered as soon as I could when this light was announced. The 21700 battery is removable, and the battery has a USB-C port for charging, which makes the battery longer, so normal unprotected 21700 cells are not long enough to make contact inside the flashlight. Also, the Imalent USB-C rechargeable battery has some type of a special configuration at the top end, so I will be looking to ordering extra Imalent batteries for this light.

Mode spacing looks good, and double click from On or Off for Turbo is something that I like. The reviewer states that the flashlight is very compact for its max output, which is the main idea for me. Normal modes are available for normal runtime and normal heat generation. Briefly, for a second or two or few, to brightly illuminate a large area, is what I will use this light for. I can then throttle back to normal mode after a few second scan of the large area.

Thanks to Unix5566 for his review!

---------------
Some lights are too exciting for each new post to go in the already pre-existing topic thread.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
A review was posted in the German forum: m.youtube.com/watch?v=lANIdO5gq9I

Thanks to elakazam for posting the link, thanks to Charles BridgTec for your valuable review.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
lol, totally ready to buy, and of course it can't even access all its modes for an 80m walk..

This max-output-minimum-size format should be produced by as many manufacturers/builders as possible at all times; the flashaholics already have the realistic heat management and runtime lights covered, now give me completely unrealistic pocket supernova, sub 1-minute runtime is perfectly fine..

Optiblue

Newly Enlightened
Not sure what I think, I wish my unprotected 21700's fitted.

You might be able to get them to fit with some neodymium magnets to extend the length. Yeah I don't like how imalent makes their batteries specialized or sealed. But they are winning the lumen wars for sure!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tip from amaretto on the German forum: For best functioning of Turbo, keep all contact surfaces clean, keep the tailcap very tight, and make sure the battery is fully charged. A very small additional resistance will have a large impact on the high current.

I will post my initial impressions when I get it, soon.

leggera16

Newly Enlightened
lol, totally ready to buy, and of course it can't even access all its modes for an 80m walk..

This max-output-minimum-size format should be produced by as many manufacturers/builders as possible at all times; the flashaholics already have the realistic heat management and runtime lights covered, now give me completely unrealistic pocket supernova, sub 1-minute runtime is perfectly fine..

Just fully charged mine and after 3 seconds on turbo you cannot reactivate it until you undo the tailcap. Im just charging a 30t to see if its the battery. When charging via usb the top of the cell is too hot to touch.

The contact inside the torch does look a bit dirty/old. Maybe ill try and clean that.

It does seem that once you trip a certain temperature it disables turbo and high (8000) totally and just flashes red.

Ooh the tailcap isnt liking the 90 or 100w. I bridged the spring with some scrap braid and its working. Can anyone think of a cleaner fix. Maybe a spring under the spring so it contacts the cap nicely?
C7DF7fm

https://ibb.co/C7DF7fm

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my two Imalent MS03 and the very first impression: Very nice high quality box, not just plain cardboard. The first impression is important, and since the box is very high quality, it provides an initial quality impression.

I am going to use this light in normal modes for normal runtime and normal heat management, but it is nice to have maximum turbo for brief burst to light up a large area brightly for a brief time, to get a quick, bright, large area scan.

The weight feels just right. Light weight, but does not feel too low weight.

I posted size comparison pic and other first impressions of this exciting light in another section of this forum, so I will clench my jaws and whiten my knuckles to avoid cross-posting here. :)

-----------
All lights have normal modes. Give me exciting modes!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Samsung 40T with solder blob powered up the lights, but turbo red light problem with both of my MS03 and all four of the 40T blob top cells. Clean up glue at seal between head and tube and tighten did not solve the problem. Also, I had difficulty getting the extra long Imalent cells to power up the lights, even with tightening both the head and tail by hand as tight as I could. I removed the white plastic that was protruding from the positive button of the Imalent cells with a razor blade, and that solved both problems: the turbo red light problem and the difficulty with getting contact to power the lights were both solved. I can use the solder top cells in my other 21700 lights.