C2 ?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I am looking into buyin a C2 Surefire i want a M2 but i need to keep the price around 70.00.I was wondering if this is a good light i dont hear much about it at all arount the forums and i was just makeing sure it was a good choice for around 70 bucks
or if i can find the m2 for cheaper than 99 bucks

Size15's

Flashaholic
Well, I have a C2. Basically those that have the old version of the M2 have the C2-HA.
The C2 only has the P60 Lamp.

You could get the C2-HA and upgrade with the M2 Bezel and P61 Later if you want or need but it will cost you more then buying the M2.

Personally, I think the difference is well worth the extra cost. The P61 is amazing, and the M2 Bezel is fantastic.

I suggest the C2-HA unless you have a really good reason to get the black version.

Al

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
MP5 on the M2 if you could find it for $99 delivered might you be interested. If so call me at 713-553-4658.

William

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Sorry tts the price of 99 was shipped i forget the name of the place.Size15s what is the part# of the m2 bezel?

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:
You could get the C2-HA and upgrade with the M2 Bezel and P61 Later if you want or need but it will cost you more then buying the M2.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is true. He'd have to buy new lamps at some point anyway, but the price of just the C2 and the additional p61 lamp is the same cost as the M2 that comes with both a p60, and a p61 lamp.
The advantages to the C2 though, are a slightly smaller size, and if you don't need or want the high output lamp you can save close to $30 US.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ghost:
Is the C2 also waterProof ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe "water resistant", but not waterPROOF to few feet like the M2 is...

JM-99

Size15's

Flashaholic
The Millennium Series have been altered many times to improve the water-resistance so that now, SureFire is more confident that their non-certified versions of the Millennium Series are waterproof.

The TailCaps and Bezels have been improved, with new o-ring seals on the latest Millennium Series TailCaps.

If you need your SureFire to be waterproof, you need to get a certified version from SureFire (call them). I want to take a diving course so I'll be doing this for an M3T and maybe some others too.

I consider the C2 waterproof enough for my current requirements. The E Series, G2 and 8NX aren't though (they're water-resistant)

Al

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al

Last time I spoke to SF, they told me that the "waterproof" lights were only rated at 30 meters / 99 feet.

Recreation sport diving limits are 130 ft.

Unless you know otherwise, I would not recommend any SF as a dive light.

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFires are NOT DiveLights.
And should not be used as such. However, SureFires can be waterproof if required to be transported and/or used underwater within the certified 30m depth limit.

Thanks, I agree that 30m waterproof is not enough for a DiveLight, but then SureFires are not for Diving, but if you need them waterproof, for whatever reason then they are an option if you don't plan/need to go deep.

I can think of a few uses for SureFire illumination tools underwater such as Police divers (rivers, lakes, etc etc), Special Forces etc. I am aware of SureFire's limitations underwater, and I hope to use SureFires within the 30 depth because I am also aware of their awesome output and as an illumination tool underwater, they are fantastic

SureFires are NOT DiveLights.
I will have Pelican & UKE etc DiveLights, but on certain dives, I want to take SureFires such as the M3T down with me.

Al

Latest posts